• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Documentation property

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goodmorning. I shared a PDF document by "share" functionlity, which passes through the cloud.

I wonder if that document is now accessible to Adobe and if Adobe can use it.

[ Moved from “Get Started” to “Document Cloud” by moderator.]

TOPICS
Share PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is Adobe's cloud. They have in some way access to everything stored in their cloud. Some of their support and technical staff would be able to see the content of your file, though they may be controlled by company policy. But what do you mean by "use it"? You remain the copyright holder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thank you for the reply. It is not a good idea, then, to use the share functionality for documents from my job, which cointain intellectual property of the Company. With "use it" I meant - eventually - exploit the information contained in it, for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every company planning to store info in the cloud should perform a risk assessment based on potential loss, on priovider reputation, on statutory requirements, on the contractual measures in place with the providers, and on contractual privacy arrangements with external third parties. This should extend to all email providers as well as cloud storage. If your company is large, it probably already has a policy.

I know I will not store business critical sensitive data in a cloud, unless I exclusively control encryption keys. I seem to be in the minority.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All is clear now. I only hoped that a privacy clause was already part of the contract on this clud, as a standard. It is not the case, so I'll not use anymore the Adobe cloud for these tasks. Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to share a file through a cloud service and be sure that no one can see it then you want the file encrypted the moment it leaves your computer. I store encrypted files on Spider Oak and I can share them from there. SpiderOak encrypts the files before sending the file to its cloud. 

If you want just some of your PDF files to be encrypted. Adobe Acrobat can do that. Acrobat offers different encryption methods. The more secure the more difficult to share the file as your recipient needs to know how to decrypt it and usually some additional information to decrypt. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources