• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error "Outlook experienced a serious problem with the 'adobe document cloud for microsoft outlook - acrobat' add-in"

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error appears from time-to-time when using Outlook 2010. I am not working with anything in the cloud (at least not knowingly). Is there anyway to fix it without turning off the capability?

------------------------------------------------

Outlook 2010 14.0.7214.5000 in Home & Business edition, Acrobat DC 19.010.20069,

Windows 7 Pro (32) 6.1.7601, SBS 2008 network

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi joem,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are getting above mentioned error when using outlook 2010, is that correct?

Could you let us know if you are getting above mentioned error when attaching as PDF using attach file option?

If not, let us know when you are getting this error?

Also, try Rebooting the machine once if you haven't already and check if that helps.

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shivam,

I got this same error immediately after installing the Acrobat DC 1-3-19 update. I only just did this update, so I can't say if the problem will continue, as it has for joem. Outlook was open during the update, then I got the error when I switched back to Outlook after the update completed.

Outlook 2016

Windows 10

Acrobat DC 2019.010.20069

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get error when using Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 Home. Others (5) in an office I support get it using Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 Pro (32). All are with Acrobat DC Pro. All say no Acrobat updates available.

I have not been able to associate this error with an action of mine or an action of one of the other users. Other than using Outlook, of course. I may have got the error when attaching a PDF file, I don't know. I know I have gotten the error when not attaching a PDF file. This is an intermittent error. It does not happen that often. That makes it hard to pin it to a particular user action.

All computers have been rebooted without noticeably changing this behavior.

We are disabling the add-in for now and waiting to see if any capability is lost. It would help if you could tell me what this add-in does and why the error message does not offer anything more than the equivalent of "if it keeps happening, punt".

Thanks for your participation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Refer to this link on more info on 'adobe document cloud for microsoft outlook

Microsoft Office 365 integration, Adobe Sign, Acrobat DC | Adobe Document Cloud

Also, Try resetting preferences for Acrobat using the steps given in this link: How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default. reboot the machine after resetting preferences and check.

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adorobat  wrote

Refer to this link on more info on 'adobe document cloud for microsoft outlook

Microsoft Office 365 integration, Adobe Sign, Acrobat DC | Adobe Document Cloud

Shivam

This doesn't say it covers Outlook 2010. I will assume that it does. As best I can surmise, the DC Document Cloud is used for PDFs stored in some cloud service. I do not use any such service. It may also be involved to sign documents. I have not used that service either. I have only used it (as far as I know) for the capabilities with PDFs stored on my PC. I signed into the DC Cloud once because I already had an Adobe account and I wanted to get rid of the nag screen. The add-in was enabled because that was the default. Apparently the 'adobe document cloud for microsoft outlook - acrobat' add-in does something even if the user does not overtly do some cloud-specific action. I have no idea what it might be doing other than hand-shaking.

This problem seemed to start with your 12/14 update and continued after your 12/19 update (note that dates are file modification dates on my computer).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi joem,

Have you tried resetting preferences for acrobat using the steps given in the link mentioned above? Does that help?

Also, try repairing MS office once and reboot the machine and check if that resolves the issue.

If still facing issue,  try replicating the issue in a new user account by right- clicking the Start  button, then select Settings  > Accounts  > Other people > Add someone else to this PC,  Login into that account and check.

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have re-enabled the add-in on my one machine after doing repair installs of both Office 2010 and Acrobat DC. The error had not recurred n that machine. The error is intermittent  I would need a longer period to see if it has been fixed.

I could not find users that were using this add-in as far as they knew. I took the easier way out and just disabled it on their machines. I have not received any complaints about missing capabilities yet.

Everyone will move to newer software - hopefully soon. I will wait it out until then if I can. I had hoped that this was a known problem in the Acrobat community and that there were known solutions. Not to be.

Thanks to all for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources