Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Export from PDF to Word "Conversion Failure" - file stopped processing

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to convert a 400 page, 46MB pdf to word but it is failing with the message "Conversion Failure" after it is uploaded.

The detail message reads "An error has occurred which stopped the processing of the PDF"

I can successfully convert the document if I break it into smaller files, but that does not help me because combining the individual Word documents is a mess.

I urgently need to submit the document to editors, so any help will be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear the inconvenience caused to you, and thanks for sharing the workaround.

For how long you have been started getting this error? Were you able to convert such large files earlier?

Have you tried the conversion with a different web browser or after deleting cache and cookies? Check with a different web browser-

https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf

Or check with the desktop application Adobe Reader DC- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions

Regards,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem occurs after successful upload, in all browsers and in the desktop application.  Larger and smaller files work, it is just this file.

It seems there is something in the file that adobe can't successfully convert to Word, even though it works if I break the file up into pieces.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources