• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to Excel not working correctly since updating to DC

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have to export a PDF to excel in order to run a macro. Been successfully doing this for a couple of years now and only after updating to Acrobat DC does it suddenly decide that all of the data in the PDF should be put within the same cell.

Cannot share any screenshots due to senstive information but if the fault lies with the PDF file then something about DC is what broke it.

TOPICS
Export PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a side-by-side comparison of two reports run one day apart with the sensitive information removed.

Note how on the right side, the information is in individual cells and on the left it places as much data in one row as possible. The one on the right is the way it used to export and now it exports the way on the left. Why did it change? And how do I get it back to the way from before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lindsay,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry about the trouble.

Please let us know if you have noticed this behavior with other files as well. If you have not checked, please do and let us know.

Would it be possible to share the sample file with us of both versions of the excel file (od and new) along with the original PDF? You may remove the sensitive information from files or can share it in private messages. That will help us to better understand the issue.

You may initiate a private message using the envelope icon provided at the top right corner of this page.

Also, share the Acrobat and OS versions on the machine.

Try once to export PDF using Acrobat Online (https://documentcloud.adobe.com/) and check if you experience the same behavior.

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply Meenakshi.

I'm afraid I cannot send you the files as the sensitive information cannot be removed and my company forbids that sort of thing anyway. I tried using the cloud option but received an error (I have a feeling that that might be a good thing for me as the data should probably not be uploaded to an outside source's cloud systems).

I am using Abobe Acrobat Standard DC version 2021.007.20095 and Windows 10 Enterprise version 20H2. The previous version of Acrobat we were using when things worked the way we expected was Abode Acrobat Reader 2017 version 2017.011.30202

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lindsay!

Sorry for the delay in response.

Did you check if the issue occurs with other PDFs too? Please try to create a sample PDF and check if you experience similar behavior on exporting the PDF to Excel.

Without checking the PDF or replicating the behavior it will be hard to comment on what exactly created this change.

It would be helpful if you can share any sample file that will help us to replicate this behavior.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources