• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ExportPDF no longer gives live text - only images of text

New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Japanese language PDF file I want to convert to a "live" Word file. In the past, this has not been a problem. I have chosen the Japanese language and during the conversion the OCR software has read the Japanese and has created "live" Japanese text in a Word file. I then purchased an Adobe Acrobat Pro subscription, required by a client for a project. That software also had the capability of changing image files into live Word files. When I started that subscription, Adobe automatically cancelled my Export PDF subscription. When I cancelled the Acrobat Pro subscription, I then re-subscribed to Export PDF. When I attempted to use Export PDF after this, the image PDFs became Words with images in them. In other words, the OCR functionality had been loss and there was no longer "live" text. Can someone from Adobe help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Hi Jeffreys,

Looking at the information shared above, I believe that the file you used to convert earlier had the Japanese text in it. So when you converted that to word the OCR has read the Japanese and created live text in Word file. 

But when you are trying the conversion this time (after cancelling and resubscribing for Export PDF) it has only image in the document or a scanned pdf?

Also, check the document's properties. Open PDF>Right Click>Documents Properties>Security whether you are allo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeffreys,

Looking at the information shared above, I believe that the file you used to convert earlier had the Japanese text in it. So when you converted that to word the OCR has read the Japanese and created live text in Word file. 

But when you are trying the conversion this time (after cancelling and resubscribing for Export PDF) it has only image in the document or a scanned pdf?

Also, check the document's properties. Open PDF>Right Click>Documents Properties>Security whether you are allowed to make the changes to the document or not?

How exactly you are converting the file? Is it online via web browser https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf ? Or using desktop application Adobe Acrobat Reader DC- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions ?

Let us know if it still doesn't help.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources