• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File is exported, the selected file format and saved in your Acrobat.com account.

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Introduction

• Export PDF

Applies to: Acrobat Reader DC

Last Published: August 14, 2017

Introduction

Adobe Export PDF lets you reuse valuable content stored in PDF files. Instead of retyping the information, use Adobe Export PDF to turn PDF files into editable Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and RTF (rich text format) documents.

Export PDF

Went through the proper steps after Click Convert.  The file is exported into the selected file format and saved in your Acrobat.com account as stated.   This is where the hocus begins or out of focus!  This takes you to a screen for a subscription to bate you.  Can not get to my a Adobe account to sign in with my email address and input my password.  Thus, I can not select the exported file and select file format.  Final step • Click Save As to save the converted document to your local system can not be accomplished.  Suppose to work because it Applies to: Acrobat Reader DC!  So, what am I missing and would appreciate the steps to perform this task.  Better yet, youtube video would be very even better?  Would appreciate your expertise advice, too!

Best Regards,

Rod Bruce

[Personal info removed by Mod: email]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Hi Rodrickb,

Adobe Reader mobile application and the  desktop application is a free and is used to view, print, sign and annotate a PDF. And you don't have to pay anything for Adobe Reader.

However, to export a PDF file, you need a subscription like Adobe ExportPDF, and this service can be used with the freeware Adobe Reader if you are subscribed to the service. You can access the service through a browser https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf

You can install and use Adobe Reader to view, print, sig

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rod,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe ExportPDF service, as per the description while using Adobe ExportPDF service with Adobe Reader desktop application, it's directing you to a purchase page, Is that correct?

Please try exporting the PDF file through the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf with your Adobe ID and password on a browser like Chrome, or Firefox, or Safari and see if this brings any difference.

I have checked the records with your Adobe ID(email) which you have used to sign-in on Adobe forums and found that you don't have any subscription to Adobe ExportPDF.

You can also check and verify the plan details from Adobe.com>Manage Account>Plans and Products or can take help from Adobe article Account and membership help

If you have the subscription on a different Adobe ID, then please try to access the URL on a different URL and sign in with the Adobe ID and password which is associated with the subscription.

Once, you find the Adobe ID and want to use the service with Adobe Reader, please sign out from Adobe Reader, reboot the machine. Launch Adobe Reader back and sign-in and check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after updating Adobe Reader and try exporting the PDF file.

For more troubleshooting, you can refer to Troubleshooting Create PDF, Export PDF, Adobe Send, Fill & Sign … services(PDFPack or Document Cloud...

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

[Moving from Acrobat Reader to Document Cloud PDF services ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand,

As stated in my prior issue is that Adobe Reader DC is a free application and went through the proper steps regarding Last Published: August 14, 2017 article which Applies to: Acrobat Reader DC a free application.  The summation is that Acrobat Reader DC should work with exporting a PDF as stated again "Thus, I can not select the exported file and select file format.  Can not get to my a Adobe account to sign in with my email address and input my password.  I can not select the file.  Along with as stated before  Final step • Click Save As to save the converted document to your local system can not be accomplished. This all encompassing steps should work with this free application.  If I use Adobe Reader then that requires a subscription, right unless I go through the iCloud would this allow me to use Acrobat Reader DC a free application.  I hope this is more clear than mud?  Thanks!  Until then.

Rod Bruce

[Personal info removed by Mod: email address]

PS. I do have Adobe Account and a Password.  Correct to say I do not have a membership because I'm not a paid subscriber.  It does not say anything about iCloud but I will give it a whirl tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rodrickb,

Adobe Reader mobile application and the  desktop application is a free and is used to view, print, sign and annotate a PDF. And you don't have to pay anything for Adobe Reader.

However, to export a PDF file, you need a subscription like Adobe ExportPDF, and this service can be used with the freeware Adobe Reader if you are subscribed to the service. You can access the service through a browser https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf

You can install and use Adobe Reader to view, print, sign or annotate a PDF, but cannot export any PDF.

As mentioned earlier, you are not subscribed to Adobe ExportPDF or any other Acrobat service, so if you use Adobe Reader to export a PDF to another document format, you will get a message to subscribe.

iCloud is a feature of Apple and service of Adobe ExportPDF or Adobe Reader is not related to it.

Hope, the above information clarifies the confusion. Feel free to update this discussion on this issue.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources