• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font package is required (for scanned docs) now that I installed a new printer.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed a new Epson printer (old printer was also an Epson). Windows 7. Scanned a document (as PDF). When attempting to open the  scanned document, using Adobe, I received an error message. "A font package is required in order to correctly display this page." I was directed to install add-on from adobe.com. I don't know what I should add-on. Trying to install Creative Cloud desktop. It stalled at 64%. I don't know if this will resolve my issue.Error message after installing new printer.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

I searched around for add-on font package. Found it. Confusing because it has a reference to Asian language package. Decided to take a chance and download it. Success achieved. I am now able to open my scanned documents. This is what I downloaded:

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Font Pack (Continuous)52.8MB4/6/2015

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to install that font package you were directed to... Don't install CC trying to solve this issue. It has nothing to do with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your response. Thank you. Problem: I was never directed do a font package. The error message appears, and then nothing. As I am not being directed to the correct font package, do you know where can I find the font package for downloading?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched around for add-on font package. Found it. Confusing because it has a reference to Asian language package. Decided to take a chance and download it. Success achieved. I am now able to open my scanned documents. This is what I downloaded:

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Font Pack (Continuous)52.8MB4/6/2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dianef,

Yes, that is the font pack have to install. There is likely a chance a font is used which has Asian characters in it and Reader doesn't have those fonts by default available. And those are not usually required unless you open such a file.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the pdf was created using an Epson printer, Epson printer/scanner software CDs have been containing a bug in the Event Manager that causes this - it seems to save a pdf that requires Adobe Acrobat to use some Chinese Fonts, even when displaying an image without text. This results in the Adobe Reader pop up window requiring that the font package be installed.

Here's what worked for us -

Go to Epson site, find your printer and its software, download and install a recent version of Event Manager. You do not need to uninstall the old version, as it will just be overwritten (Windows 10).

Hope this works for everyone, as it's nice and easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources