• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

frozen Adobe.

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe reader is frozen and i cannot do anything with it. cannot see anything cannot close it cannot use it in any way. i cannot even delete it as it is being used to reinstall it. What can i do to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Hi LizHill,

Sorry to hear about the poor experience with Adobe Reader.

You may try the following steps to fix the application-

1. Since the application is frozen and not even letting you uninstall it, then we recommend you to use the cleaner tool to uninstall the application and its old traces- Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs . Reinstall it again through- Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution
  2. If this doesn't work then, create a "Hidden Administrator" account and try i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LizHill,

Sorry to hear about the poor experience with Adobe Reader.

You may try the following steps to fix the application-

1. Since the application is frozen and not even letting you uninstall it, then we recommend you to use the cleaner tool to uninstall the application and its old traces- Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs . Reinstall it again through- Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution
  2. If this doesn't work then, create a "Hidden Administrator" account and try installing the application in that- https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/555910/how-to-enable-the-built-in-administrator-account-in-...  (similar steps)
  3. Troubleshoot errors, freezes | Adobe Reader | Windows

Let us know if this doesn't help.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for getting back with an answer. I ended up shutting down my computer and from there i was able to delete and reinstall Adobe which i still had on my computer. I'ts working well now.

Thank you.

Liz Hill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources