• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP interactive pdf going to customers

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I distribute a pdf file to about 1500 customers and the book is normally around  10-12MB. Right now we send to customer by email as a link on our server. Our problem is that some customers are not able to open file, we are not sure exactly why. This pdf is interactive and forms have submit button to return back to us with orders. This pdf goes to our customers weekly each Friday at 10 a.m. Is there an Adobe probduct that we could distribute the pdf in?  ANY suggestions would be great.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create links, buttons, etc inside InDesign. convert to interactive PDF and give customer usage rights to fill in forms.  The form portion was created using Acrobat Pro DC.  I then save file in a shared folder and our Network department places a link to file and send out by email blast to our customers.   We have customers saying it takes 5-10 minutes to open and some say it will not open at all.  I feel this is on our customers computer/devices side.  I need to know if there is another way to send to customers that would be a sure thing that they can open and or file opens in a timely manner.  I have attached the file below.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can upload the file to the Adobe Document Cloud and create a share link, and then send that to the recipients.

However, this might not be the reason for this issue. I'm guessing that what's happening is that some people are trying to open the file in their browsers, mobile devices or using some other non-Adobe software. These apps are very common now, but unfortunately they are also very poor, especially when it comes to form fields and scripts. Instruct the users to download the file and then open it directly in Adobe Reader (or Acrobat), and preferably not on a mobile device, for best results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources