• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Highlight & comment on multiple acronyms simultaneously

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the process of reading ALOT of policy and procedures for a D.O.E. job I landed. I have the ability to open and add comments to these documents (for my own reference) and save to my computer.

The use of Acronyms is just frustrating so I started going throught the procedures, highlighting each acronym and adding a note for what it stood for. Helps me for sure just running my cursor over it and viola! I see what it stands for.. and might help the next new guy.

My question is, "Can I somehow select all the same acronym's as a group, highlight them all and add the description in one shot?"  Right now I am using "find" to go to each occurence and add the full description for the acronym then hop to the next etc..

Thanks,

Chadd Rose

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this can be done using a script, such as this (paid-for) tool I've developed:

https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-highlight-all-instances-of-a-word-or-phrase-in-a-pdf

There's also a way to do it using a combination of Action and a script, which is more robust, but will only work in Acrobat DC Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for taking the time to answer me. I am not THAT into Adobe to being purchasing any add-ons but it's nice to know that someone else had the same issue and did something to make it better. Kaizen!! my friend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources