• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HIGHLIGHTING TEXT DOES NOT WORK ON SINGLE WORD

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UNABLE TO HIGHLIGHT SINGLE WORD, INSTEAD WHEN USING HIGHLIGHT IT HIGHLIGHTS LARGE AREA OF TEXT. HOW DO I FIX THIS, THIS HAPPENS WITH ADOBE ACROBATE DC SINCE UPDATE IN YEAR OF 2022.  UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED , SAME ISSUE. HOW DO YOU FIX IT?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the forum for Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larry,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry about the trouble.

Could you please confirm if the issue occurs on all the PDFs or with some particular PDFs? Please check.

Share the screenshot of the Acrobat Pro DC and OS version on the machine. 

It would be helpful if you can share a sample PDF with us so we can replicate the behavior at our end.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here Larry.  I have no idea how to fix this.  Just started happening.  I download a document and save as adobe pdf so I can highlight important items.  This highlighter tool selects large sections and there is no way to change it.  I am considering dumping Adobe since there is no customer live/chat support.  Costs time and money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marie,

Sorry for the delay in response.

You have downloaded a document and then converted it to PDF, as mentioned above.

Would you mind sharing the step-by-step workflow you did to create the PDF? Does this issue occur with all the PDFs or just a particular file?

Please share the screenshot or video of highlighting text for more clarification.

Let us know if the issue is already resolved.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Just noticed your response.  So, sometimes the PDF highlighter tool works normally and other times, it has the oval.  This has never happened before this year.  Sometimes I save a pdf from an email attachment, web page etc.  Sometimes I convert an excel to a pdf.  I just don't see why it should matter.  My goal is to have any PDF from anywhere be highlighted normally.  Meaning a word, paragraph etc.  I seriously use this tool and it is one of the most important reasons for Acrobat DC pro.   I never had to run a recognized text command before either.  I have attached 2 files.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

My PDF highlighter is only highlighting word by word. It's not highlighting the full sentences. Request for support.

Kind Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neha351749372lyp,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please check and let us know if the issue occurs with all PDFs or a particular PDF.

Share the screen recording of the workflow and the PDF. We will try to replicate the behavior as it will help us find the issue's root cause. Share the Acrobat and OS version numbers as well.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same issue here...can double click and highlight a word, but not the entire sentence

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources