• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can customers sign pdf document in web browser?

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a document in InDesign, added fillin fields, including Digital ID field, in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Reader extended when saving it and loaded it to the web. When clients open the form online, all the fillin fields show up EXCEPT the digital signature field. Why can they not sign the document when it's open in a web browser? I'm dealing with all levels of tech-users so am trying to make this as easy as possible for them. Requiring every customer to download Reader and set up a digital ID is not feasible. Does Adobe suggest any other options for easily adding electronic signatures to documents online? Thanks very much for your help. -Kathy

TOPICS
Fill and sign , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They need to use Adobe technology.  Unfortunately almost all browsers block that and use their own basic form filling stuff, without signing options. You can't change this. Indeed, even if you could, if you aren't willing to have users download Adobe tech, how could this solve it?  I wonder though if you've looked at Adobe Sign? I haven't used it but it might be more what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources