• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I edit a PDF before converting it to word?

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have PDF files and I can download them. If I convert them to a word doc, it shows as a picture and I can't make changes. How can I edit the doc first before I convert it? When I click on the Edit PDF button its asking me to pay for a service which I already have a plan so maybe I missed a step?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Hey Steveg,

Your account information says that you have Export PDF subscription. Export PDF subscription doesn't include the "Edit" functionality. To use this feature, you need to subscribe for Acrobat DC subscription- Plans and pricing | Adobe Acrobat DC

The subscription you have should fulfill the requirement of editing the document after converting it to word. Because Export PDF has a capability to run the OCR (optical character recognition) which helps editing the text of a pdf file once its

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Steveg,

Your account information says that you have Export PDF subscription. Export PDF subscription doesn't include the "Edit" functionality. To use this feature, you need to subscribe for Acrobat DC subscription- Plans and pricing | Adobe Acrobat DC

The subscription you have should fulfill the requirement of editing the document after converting it to word. Because Export PDF has a capability to run the OCR (optical character recognition) which helps editing the text of a pdf file once its converted to word.

As mentioned that you are unable to edit the text or it sows as picture after converting to word, then there are couple of possibilities-

1- If the original pdf doesn't contain real text then after conversion the word file wont let you to edit it.

2- If your pdf doc has only images in it and there is no text, then after conversion it would remain as images only. Which is again you can not edit in word.

Check with a different pdf which has real text, it should let you to edit text after converting to word. You can try the online conversion https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf

Or use desktop application Adobe Reader DC - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources