• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how can I remove both security passwords from my old PFD documents how I can convert them back to text (Word)

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted several Genealogy files to PDF some years ago using ADOBE Acrobat 6 standard. I know the two passwords I used but the Adobe program disk will no longer open on windows 10  (disc error). I can open the PDF documents using the access password but have no apparent means of accessing the second password which permits of printing the document transferring to family tree program.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Hello Brucep,

We're sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. Acrobat Standard 6 is a very old and out of support product and it is never tested on Windows 10. For detailed information, you can refer to End of support | Reader 9 and Acrobat 9 (and earlier)

Will request you to install the latest version of Adobe Reader to open the PDF files, however, to remove the password from the PDF, you need Acrobat, as the freeware Adobe Reader cannot remove passwords from a PDF.

You cannot conve

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Brucep,

We're sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. Acrobat Standard 6 is a very old and out of support product and it is never tested on Windows 10. For detailed information, you can refer to End of support | Reader 9 and Acrobat 9 (and earlier)

Will request you to install the latest version of Adobe Reader to open the PDF files, however, to remove the password from the PDF, you need Acrobat, as the freeware Adobe Reader cannot remove passwords from a PDF.

You cannot convert a password protected PDF file to Word using Adobe ExportPDF service. If you have Acrobat DC, you can remove the password from the PDF and then can convert them to word document.

You can download and install the trial of Acrobat for 7 days from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC | Non-subscription

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

[Edited response]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources