• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I access documents unshared from the cloud?

New Here ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I recently unshared a document from the cloud on my tablet, not realising this would mean I could not access the file again (as there was no warning). I have tried to retrieve the file on my laptop also but have only been able to find an older version of the document. I really need to access the up-to-date document as it's for work so any help would be much appreciated! Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Hi Hannahh,

Looking at the description given above, it seems the shared document has already been "Unshared" and now when you are trying any further action with it, its not there anymore?

All the document cloud documents can be accessed through the web interface: Adobe Document Cloud login on web and go to files, you should see your unshared document under "For Reviewing"

Once you open the document it should give you the download option at upper right corner.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hannahh,

Looking at the description given above, it seems the shared document has already been "Unshared" and now when you are trying any further action with it, its not there anymore?

All the document cloud documents can be accessed through the web interface: Adobe Document Cloud login on web and go to files, you should see your unshared document under "For Reviewing"

Once you open the document it should give you the download option at upper right corner.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to see comments still on an unshared document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same trouble has Hannah. When doing what you suggest above I don't have any copies in for reviewing. I can see the old copy but not the updated one that I did and accidentally unshared thinking I needed to unshare then share again for my assessor to be able to see the bits I'd added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Akanchha,

I do not see any options for the unshared document, except Convert. How do I access the unshared document and see the comments made on the document? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! Similarly to below ... I received a PDF via email that I opened and spent several hours adding "COMMENTS" to. Then, I went to share it via email or attach or whatever, and somehow I accidentally UNSHARED it. Now I'm tyring to get it to someone quickly via email and I can't send it. How cand I get it to her or she access it via cloud? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Anna! 

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the delay in response.

As you are trying to send the PDF via email and you can't, could you please let us know what happens?

Do you receive any error messages?

As the PDF is unshared now and you have added the comments, please try to save the PDF locally on the machine. Then open the PDF in Acrobat and use the envelope icon provided at the upper right to send it via email. Check if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as mentioned above however every time i try and save a copy of the document all the text appears as boxes with crosses in them - why wont the document save in its original format? I cant email it, download it, share it nothing. I still have the original version open on my computer but cant do anything with it - please help... This is so frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources