• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I stop all my word files from converting to adobe files?

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed all my word files are under adobe and open automatically through there if I do not use open with. Also when I save files from Word, they automatically save as a pdf not a word document even though the ending of the file is .docx. It is getting annoying that I cannot open any files without it saying there's a problem with the file.

TOPICS
How to , Manage files

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cattorres,

Thank you for reaching out. 

As the files are converting and saving to PDF, it seems that the default application for Word is set up as Acrobat Pro DC. 

Pleae check and change the default application for the Word file to MS Word.

Let us know if you are referring to something else or need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I try to change the default, it will only let me choose "Adobe Acrobat" or "Search for an app in the app store" even though I have Microsoft Office installed.  What can I do to make the Microsoft apps available to select as defaults?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources