• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create web link to open specific page in pdf using adobe view sdk

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iam using dropbox link as url to open documnet in adobe view sdk but the problem is this that my file is too big and i want create web links in which on clicking them open speicific page in pdf. like for a book the web link is unit 1 , unit 2 in which on clicking unit 2 the pdf will open in adobe view sdk to unit 2 page. Please help i am beginner in using adobe view sdk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

There is no direct way to open a PDF to a specific page using Embed API using parameters in the object. Instead, you need to load the file as normal and then listen for the "PDF_VIEWER_OPEN" event. At that point, you know the viewer APIs are available to execute your commands. You then use goToLocation and pass in the page number you want. You can see a working example at this CodePen. In my example, the URL has a page parameter at the end. This parameter is then used by the code to immediately

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no direct way to open a PDF to a specific page using Embed API using parameters in the object. Instead, you need to load the file as normal and then listen for the "PDF_VIEWER_OPEN" event. At that point, you know the viewer APIs are available to execute your commands. You then use goToLocation and pass in the page number you want. You can see a working example at this CodePen. In my example, the URL has a page parameter at the end. This parameter is then used by the code to immediately go to page 4 rather than display page 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks For suggesting and it works thanks for your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amazing resolve, thanks for sharing your code, it works perfectly. ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines