• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to print on letter and legal using brother dual tray printer??

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to print letter and legal on the same documents. I contacted brother and they said everything was done on their end and that it was an adobe software issue. I followed the directions of prior posts that mentioned to click "recognized paper size" but it still doesn't work. I have to manually go into page setup and choose letter or legal for each document. Anybody know how to make this work??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi de50679914,

What application are you printing from? (I'm assuming Acrobat, since you've landed in the Acrobat.com forum.)

If so, please try the steps outlined in this document: Print mixed page sizes | Acrobat, Reader.

Please let us know how it goes.

Best,

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am printing from adobe and I have followed the instructions that you sent me. I actually did all of this with brother printer customer service and he told me that it was an adobe issue and to contact adobe. Do have any other ideas??1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi de50679914,

Have you installed the latest Acrobat update? Please choose Help > Check for Updates and install any available updates. My understanding is that this particular problem was fixed in the 11.0.09 release (we are currently on version 11.0.10).

Please let us know if updating does the trick.

Best,

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the current version. I do have a Mac though. Don't know if that makes any difference. Let me know if you have any other solutions

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@de50679914

I am having the same problem with Brother HLL5200DWT laster printer dual tray. I got off the phone with Brother and they ego the same thing that its an application problem and not the printer. I follow the steps as @Sara_Forsberg mention and it does not work. What was the solution 5 years from this post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello! I am having the same problem.. I just bought a brand new Brother HLL6200DW second tray printer to specifically print mixed pages documents through Adobe. Yet, when I print anything legal size, whether it's in the mixed document or by itself, the first page prints fine but the second page prints with a huge gap at the top. I have searched all over the internet for a solution andhave come up empty. Did either one of you find a solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources