• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am trying to combine 3 PDF files but keep getting conversion failure errors.

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to combine 3 PDF files but keep getting conversion failure errors.

I have tried selecting all files to be combined together and I have tried selecting 1 and then adding the other 2. I have completed this operation on a number of occasions in the past, using Internet Explorer, without difficulty. However, I have tried following the advice on the forum and cleared the cache on my browser. I have also installed Google Chrome and Firefox and tried using https://cloud.acrobat.com/combinepdf. None of it has made any difference.

These are not large files (453 kb or below) but occasionally the smallest file (174 KB) will load successfully. It takes several minutes for each file to upload whether it works or fails, so I wonder if the operation is timing out.

The facility to combine files is the only reason I purchased this application, so it is very frustrating that it has stopped working. Can you help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Janea,

Sorry to hear the inconvenience caused.

From the description shared above, i assume that any one of the 3 files has some unsupported content which is intending the result to be unsuccessful.

What type of files these are? Do they contain real text or any one of them is scanned pdf?

For testing purpose try chaining the file, fo reg. if first file is uploading successfully and 2nd one is failing so replace it with some other file an see if that makes a difference. 

Also, if possible switch the internet connection from what you are using currently and check back.

To know more about the issue, we would like to test the same at our end if you can share the files with us.

"You can share the file with us via email. And you can send it to the email that is shared via private message. Please do mention your forum thread in the subject"

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha

The 3 files were simple scanned pdfs, with no additional text added.

During the course of the day sometimes any 1 of the 3 would occasionally load, but it took me hundreds of attempts to get them all loaded at the same time. I did finally manage this and combined the files successfully.

The fact that it did eventually work suggests that there was no problem with the files themselves. I have a very slow and poor internet connection (there is nothing I can do about that as there are no alternatives), and I am almost certain that the operation was either timing out or failing when the connection dropped out.

So in short I don’t think the problem was with Adobe, but thanks for getting in touch and trying to help.

I have tried to reply to you via the forum, but I keep getting an error message and then it logs me out.

Regards

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha

The 3 files were simple scanned pdfs, with no additional text added.

During the course of the day sometimes any 1 of the 3 would occasionally load, but it took me hundreds of attempts to get them all loaded at the same time. I did finally manage this and combined the files successfully.

The fact that it did eventually work suggests that there was no problem with the files themselves. I have a very slow and poor internet connection (there is nothing I can do about that as there are no alternatives), and I am almost certain that the operation was either timing out or failing when the connection dropped out.

So in short I don’t think the problem was with Adobe, but thanks for getting in touch and trying to help.

I have tried to reply to you via the forum, but I keep getting an error message and then it logs me out.

Regards

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps suggested above.

As the issue still persist, so we would request you to please refer to the help document-

An error occurred while trying to access the service | unable to connect to PDF services and try the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Let us know if it's still doesn't make any difference. And do let us know the latest on this and if you have managed to find the solution for this problem then please do share your findings.

We would be looking forward for an update on this.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H There Jane,

Did you manage to get this fixed?

I have been tryng all day and the files won't combine - I get a message saying "Operation in progress" contining will cancel that operation...and options for delete or cancel ( which makes no sense as I want to continue) - sorry to post this on your page - I havent worked out how to do my own post yeat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources