• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I continue to get "Could not complete your request 400" when attempting to convert a simple Word doc to a pdf.

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the following message when trying to convert a Word doc to pdf.  "Could not complete your request 400"  I've done this a hundred times, this is the first time I've had this problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Anand Sri:

Thank you.  While your reply was not 100% correct, it forced me to try a different Word file.  When I called up a different Word file it converted very quickly.  That indicated that something was wrong with the first Word file I was trying to convert.  I looked at the file name closely and suddenly it dawned on me that there was a blank space at the beginning of the file name.  I deleted the blank space and the file converted in seconds.

Again thanks for prodding me to continue investig

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chrisl,

We're sorry for the trouble you had while converting a Word document into Adobe PDF. 

The record shows that you are subscribed to Adobe PDFPack services with your current Adobe ID, please try to convert the Word file through the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/convertpdf  on a different browser like Chrome, or Firefox, or Safari, and see if this brings any difference.

If you are using the freeware Adobe Reader, then sign out and sign back in with your current Adobe ID and password in Adobe Reader, and check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader from Help>Check for updates. Reboot the machine after updating Adobe Reader and then try converting the Word document into Adobe PDF.

You can also refer to the following Adobe article and try the suggestions Troubleshooting Create PDF, Export PDF, Adobe Send, Fill & Sign … services(PDFPack or Document Cloud...

Have you tried converting any other document? Is it specific to one file?

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

[Moving from Creating PDFs to Document Cloud PDF services ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anand Sri:

Thank you.  While your reply was not 100% correct, it forced me to try a different Word file.  When I called up a different Word file it converted very quickly.  That indicated that something was wrong with the first Word file I was trying to convert.  I looked at the file name closely and suddenly it dawned on me that there was a blank space at the beginning of the file name.  I deleted the blank space and the file converted in seconds.

Again thanks for prodding me to continue investigating. 

I'd give you a 90% for keeping me motivated.

Regards,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Chris,

Glad to hear that the issue got fixed and you are back on track, nice job troubleshooting and finding the root cause.

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources