• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I forgot the document protection security permissions password.How can I retrieve or change it?

New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat DC Pro, I forgot the document protection security permissions password.  How can I retrieve or change it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Hi lolad62565928,

Sadly, as its document protection security password so there is nothing that we can do about this.

Adobe doesn't keep backup the customer's created passwords.

For more information you may refer to -Securing PDFS with passwords, Adobe Acrobat

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lolad62565928,

Sadly, as its document protection security password so there is nothing that we can do about this.

Adobe doesn't keep backup the customer's created passwords.

For more information you may refer to -Securing PDFS with passwords, Adobe Acrobat

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I retrieve the password to open any new PDF files I'm trying to open from a CD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask the person who sent you the CD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is the WORST. Same problem: I've created several PDFs in Adobe and now cannot share them with anyone. I never set a "permissions" password. What fresh hell is this, Adobe?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kenton347877852srw,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry about the delay in response.

Please let us know if the issue occurs with the particular PDF. Did you create the PDF in Acrobat? 

Do you experience issues only when sharing the PDF? Could you share the PDF with us?

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources