• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I paid for Export PDF but can't find anywhere to download it.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a program called Export PDF and can't find anywhere to download it.  Is it a different program from Adobe Acrobat Reader DC?

I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and I am signed in.   It has some options on the right hand side including "Export PDF".   When I click on this option, it does nothing.  There's a little arrow which points up or down but no list of files to convert, nor can I convert the pdf file which I am viewing. 

What gives?   The instructions comntained on the page Export PDF from Acrobat Reader DC simply do not help - I can get as far as instruction 3:

• In the right-hand pane, click Export PDF.

However that does nothing, and instruction 4:

• By default, the currently opened file is selected for conversion. Click Select PDF File to browse and select another file.

simply does not happen.  There is nothing I can do to export my PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Hi trickyt57,

Could you try following troubleshooting steps:

1- Download and run cleaner tool on the machine to uninstall reader: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

2- Then download and install reader using the link, sign in with your adobe credentials and check: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions  

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi trickyt57,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are facing issue when trying to export pdf, is that correct?

On checking the details for your account using the email address you are logged into the forums, you have subscription for export pdf.

Export pdf is an online service cannot be downloaded as an application on a computer. But we can access the services through a browser and can be accessed through desktop and mobile app Adobe Reader DC.

Access the service through the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf  with your Adobe ID and password on a browser like Chrome, or Firefox, or Safari.

You can also use the freeware Adobe Reader DC to use the service of Adobe ExportPDF, just "sign-in" with your current Adobe ID and password in Adobe Reader DC. To download Adobe Reader DC, use the URL Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions

For troubleshooting, you may refer to Troubleshooting Create PDF, Export PDF, Adobe Send, Fill & Sign … services(PDFPack or Document Cloud...

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adorobat,  I appreciate your help.   

You wrote "Access the service through the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf  with your Adobe ID and password on a browser like Chrome, or Firefox, or Safari."

I confirm this works.   I can successfully convert my document to Excel with this link.   However it would be very clumsy to try and remember this URL every time I want to convert a PDF.

You also wrote "You can also use the freeware Adobe Reader DC to use the service of Adobe ExportPDF, just "sign-in" with your current Adobe ID and password in Adobe Reader DC."

This is what I am expecting to work, but does NOT work.   I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.  I am signed in.  It says "Your current plan is Adobe Export PDF" in the bottom right hand corner.  However clicking on "Export PDF" simply does nothing. 

I see in the forms that some other people have the same issue as me, and the answer always seems to be to go to the link  https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf  .    This is terribly tedious work-around.   The Export PDF option should work inside the program I purchased.    Iff not, the "Export PDF" option in the program Adobe Acrobat Reader DC should at least take me to the webpage where I can convert the PDF.. 

I have also tried to convert my document though the program's menu system:  File==>Save as Other==>Word or Excel Online.  This takes me to a blank page with the words "Export PDF in the top left hand corner.  Clicking that does nothing.   In the top right hand corner I have the word "Close".  Clicking "Close* brings me back to my document, but obviously not converted - just the same as I was on previously.

Not sure if it is because this Expert to PDF function does not work on a Mac? 

When I click on "your current plan is Adobe Export to PDF - Learn more", I can see I have paid until October 2019.  I will give it a few more days to see if you or anyone can solve this, but there does not seem to be much point in allowing my subscription to auto-renew next October.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a note that you didn't purchase Acrobat Reader: it's free. ExportPDF (should) work as an add on for Reader, or as a service on Adobe's cloud. It's a pity ExportPDF doesn't work in Reader for you, and I hope someone can fix it. In the meantime, I suggest you add a Bookmark to https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf

If you're on Windows you can also add that web page as an icon on your desktop. Let us know if you'd like to know how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi trickyt57,

Could you try following troubleshooting steps:

1- Download and run cleaner tool on the machine to uninstall reader: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

2- Then download and install reader using the link, sign in with your adobe credentials and check: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions  

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Shivam,  Now all the buttons are working as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, now I'm having the exact same problem. The "https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf" link sends me to a 404 error. 

All I want to do is export a pdf to jpgs. I had the exact same problem as OP so I figured it wasn't available on the free version. I got the free trial and it STILL won't work. It's the exact way the OP described it. I see "export pdf" but clicking does nothing but move the little arrow around. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's something weird going on in the forum. These old links to https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf get an error, but it seems to be a forum problem. Copy and paste the link (from https.... to ...exportpdf) and paste it in a browser. Don't forget to bookmark it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources