• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I would limit the visibility of the pdf files I send to my client. Can I include a time limit to a PDF file?

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work as executive search consultant. My pdf files include sensitive personal information that is no use to the client after a certain period of time. My candidates would prefer to have their personal info erased from the client after the process has concluded.  Is there a Adobe product that I can use to establish time limits for visibility of the pdf files?

regards

Carlos

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

The only possible "solution" is through LiveCycle Rights Management (an enterprise-only system with a 5-figure operating cost).

Even that would not be legally acceptable in some situations (e.g. GDPR) because LiveCycle cannot physically 'erase' the data, it can only disable a registered user's ability to open the PDF. If they have already copied or printed it, there's nothing you can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only possible "solution" is through LiveCycle Rights Management (an enterprise-only system with a 5-figure operating cost).

Even that would not be legally acceptable in some situations (e.g. GDPR) because LiveCycle cannot physically 'erase' the data, it can only disable a registered user's ability to open the PDF. If they have already copied or printed it, there's nothing you can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dave

Many thanks for your answer. I guess there is no real solution for this yet and most of the data room solutions available are very expensive.

I guess Adobe should work on a product that suits GDPR  compliance  that it is both legally binding and affordable, since right now we are all very concerned with this issues.

many thanks

carlos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources