• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to extract pdf form field properties for all fields to xml/excel?

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am attempting to extract from a fillable PDF all of the fields that are included along with their individual PDF Form Field Properties. For context, I am going to use this in a document that will provide requirements to an application that will be "filling" the PDF. 

I know that I can extract the names of the fields. I would like to be able to extract the names of the fields along with other elements like: Limit of X characters, Comb of X characters, Validation, Field value is not validated, etc. 

Is there a way to pull a full metadata pull for a form that includes this information? 

Thank you in advance for anyone that may be able to assist me. 

TOPICS
Create PDF , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible with the Acrobat Online Services.

May be possible with Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Bernd. I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro I believe I just posted in the incorrect community. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, try the forum for Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources