I'm trying to convert a PDF document of rows/columns to an Excel file. The document has about 50 PDF pages. When I try to convert to Excel, it gets stuck on the "Performing page recognition" stage. The only workaround I've found is to split my PDF into 5-page increments and then export to Excel, which is taking much longer than I hoped.
Any advice would be appreciated!
I hope you are doing well. I am sorry for your experience with Acrobat.
Are you using the website or the desktop application to convert the PDF? If you are using the application, please share the below information:
1. The Application version you are using;
2. The operating system you are using and its version;
3. Is it with a specific file? If yes, please share the file to help us investigate further.
In the meantime, you may refer to this link to proceed with the conversion: Adobe Acrobat
Also, I would suggest you check for any available updates for the application.
Let me know if this helps.
Here are answers to your questions:
1. I am using Adobe Acrobat DC (22.001.20142).
2. I am using Windows 10 Pro.
3. It is with a variety of files; seemingly any that are more about 1300-1500 KB. The files I want to convert are around 30,000 KB. I cannot share the file(s) because they contain client names, addresses, and phone numbers.
There are no available updates for the application when I checked this morning.
Thank you for any further advice you can provide!
1. Application version: 22.001.20142
2. Windows 10 Pro
3. Yes, but I can't send it because it has people's names/addresses/phone numbers.
It says no updates are available for Adobe DC.
Could you please let me know the location of the files you use for conversion? Is it saved on a local drive or cloud / network drive? Please move the file to your local drive and try once if on clouds.
Also, would you mind sharing the steps of the workflow how you are proceeding with the conversion? [ a screen recording for it would be great].
It was on a cloud drive. I saved the file to my local drive, and it took a long time to convert, but it did work! So that helped a lot. Thank you!