• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Long running complaint re DC Pro 2015

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help with how to make a complaint please?

This issue has been running since June 2020.

I was asked to private message Adobe regarding the above Pro DC problem I posted previously, this is below.

Hi Can you help please?

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and the connected lines function has stopped working properly. I can draw lines however, if i need to delete them i cant now. Before i used to be able to highlight the line and simply press delete or backspace and they would go. Now i get lots of comment boxes come up and cant delete at all.

I also cant change the lines once drawn. I used to be able to drag the little boxes at the line intersections and move them.

What is the problem please? I bought this programme at great expense to have this function.

I also tried the Never option as above but it made no difference.

Thanyou

adam

I assume this was to hide the issue from the forums in the first place, which I now know is related to a known problem between Pro DC and Windows 10 64 Bit 1909 as I was told in the private email communication.

I also note some of my previous forum messages have been deleted.

My problem is now that the solution Adobe have offered is for me to have to download a new version of Adobe Pro 2017 at cost. The 2015 Pro DC version I had bought in 2017, was a perpetual licence. The definition of perpetual is ‘never ending, occurring repeatedly so as to be endless and uninterrupted’ so I don’t see why I should have to pay for another product just because Adobe can’t fix an issue that is nothing to do with me. I have been told i have to pay a figure, which is significantly higher than the original cost and this is apparently with a discount.

I am getting nowhere with the anonymous person/s on the end of the email. I cannot find anywhere to communicate with anyone else to take this further. I am really so disappointed in Adobe; thought they would be better than this.

I do not see why I should have to pay again for a product that I was told was a lifetime product just a few years later. There must be a law against this also? Seems basically like corporate fraud to me.

Anyone else had this issue?

I also noted on some of the form threads, where Adobe people had responded with questions about how to make a complaint a link had been provided then the thread was closed by Adobe so no one could respond. The link provided simply went to a page where there were no links to complain just useless information and more links to other pages which did not help. Really poor service and really poor complaints procedures that I can see.

Adobe appear to be impossibly unhelpful, unfair and difficult to get to listen.

Appreciate any assistance.

Best wishes

Adam

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate , Create PDF , Download and install , Export PDF , How to , Organize PDF pages , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a feeling you've been contacted by a scammer, pretending to be from Adobe. Adobe doesn't sell Acrobat 2017 any longer, and doesn't provide support via the forums, for the most part. Does this person has the "Adobe Employee" badge under their username? If not, they are not official Adobe employees and should not be trusted with any private or sensitive information!

To contact Adobe directly use one of these channels:

You should contact Adobe directly for help with this issue:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Try67

Thanks, is there a direct email for Adobe? The person who claimed to be from Adobe gave me an Adobe email address. I will try and track down the original messages and check.

Appreciate your help with this.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't a generic email address for Adobe support by if that address ends with @Deleted User then it should be fine, as that is what Adobe employees will use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it's got to be exactly "@adobe.com". Not something else with more than the word "adobe" or something other than "com". Tricksters are everywhere.

And, by the way, once a product reaches end of life, as Acrobat 2015 has, you have the right to continue to use it, but nothing will be fixed, whether it's new bugs, old bugs, or problems with new or old systems. Since systems change all the time, it is pretty much inevitable that - unless you can freeze your system - then your app will stop working one day. It is absolutely and completely dead. Adobe expect people to regularly pay for upgrades, and if you don't, well, you got off the bus but the bus didn't wait. To expect to get the fixes for free that everyone else paid good money for just doesn't seem reasonable or fair. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Try67 and test screen name, looks like youre correct about the fraudster. Luckily i didnt give any details when they tried to charge me for an upgrade. Will get onto Adobe.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How did they contact you? If it was through these forums please let us know their username so they can be banned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources