Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Marking text in a PDF document

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I uploaded a PDF file into the "Document Cloud". So if I use that PDF-file on my tablet and mark some text lines, does the version in the cloud also synchronize those marks?

I think what I am asking for is what Amazon's Kindle is doing: It synchronizes !@ the progress on your mobile device and also in the cloud reader.

Does the "Adobe Document Cloud" do the same?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Cloud and Document Cloud are two different things here. Are you referring to iCloud storage by Apple and Document Cloud storage both? If not, then answer to your last question is-

Yes! it will show the highlighted text as it will be synced automatically. - "If I just upload the local PDF file (which has marked text) into the cloud, does the "Document Cloud" show the new highlighted text?"

As shared above, your work done on iPad will only be synced on web if your file saved on "Document Cloud" stor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fetito,

Yes! what you are looking for, is possible with the files saved on "Document Cloud". As mentioned, the files are saved on Document Cloud. So if you will access those files on Adobe Reader mobile app via tablet or phone and make the changes (adding comment, mark ups, and highlighting etc) in that, then the same changes will be applied on files saved on "Document Cloud" online storage too.

However, this doesn't apply on the file saved locally in the device. So it has to be on "Document Cloud" storage. 

Acrobat Reader Help for Android: Manage connectors and cloud storage

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, just to be crystal clear: The local PDF file that I uploaded already contains all the highlighted parts?

Do I have to upload the file again to the cloud?

Usually I just open manually the PDF file on the device instead of opening it through the Adobe Reader on the tablet.

If I just upload the local PDF file (which has marked text) into the cloud, does the "Document Cloud" show the new highlighted text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cloud and Document Cloud are two different things here. Are you referring to iCloud storage by Apple and Document Cloud storage both? If not, then answer to your last question is-

Yes! it will show the highlighted text as it will be synced automatically. - "If I just upload the local PDF file (which has marked text) into the cloud, does the "Document Cloud" show the new highlighted text?"

As shared above, your work done on iPad will only be synced on web if your file saved on "Document Cloud" storage, not anywhere else.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Issue resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that.

Thanks for sharing the update. Let us know if there is any further assistance is required.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources