• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing information when uploading receipts

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when I receive receipts for purchases (hotels, flights...) from the merchants I need to upload them in my company credit card account so they can be verified.

However most of the time, when I check that they have been uploaded, I can only see the frames, all the information is missing.

When I create a PDF myself and I upload it is fine, all the information is there.

Can anyone help please? Thanks

Antonio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Antonioamad,

To understand and help you in better manner we need more information on this?

1- As you said that you have to upload the receipt, then how you have been uploading them and where? Using which application or service?

2- Are those receipt are actually a PDF document or converted docs? The pdf that you created and uploaded,how it was created and uploaded? What was the workflow?

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am afraid I am just a normal user, not an expert, so I will try to give my best explanation:

1- I receive a receipt in a PDF from a merchant (Iberia airlines could be an example), for which I have paid with my company credit card (Wells Fargo is the bank). So I log in  my account  in their website and upload the receipt to the transaction in question.

When I check that the document has been uploaded this is what I see:

All the content has disppeared

2- They are PDF documents. If, however, I create a document in Word, attaching then a screen shot or copying and pasting the information, and save it as PDF, when I upload it this is what I see

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the detailed description.

Seems that everything has been done online using web browser. There isn't any role of Adobe Acrobat Reader or the service that you have subscribed for.

Download the receipt first open that in the Adobe Reader DC desktop application (if its not install then use the link shared below) and then upload it to the site where you are trying to. Directly uploading the file on web might be an issue. The 2nd process that you are trying is working because you are saving the files locally and then uploading them.

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha, I already do that. I receive the receipt by email, download it and save it in my hard drive and upload it to the web. The only difference is that if I have received the receipt from a merchant it doesn't upload correctly, but if I prepare the document myself yes, it does upload without missing information.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would that be possible to share any sample receipt that you receive from the merchant? May be that document was created using some other software and was not an actual pdf initially.

As the document created by you uploads correctly, so there isn't any problem with the website where you upload them.

However, it could be problem with the receipt that you receive from merchant.

Regards,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha, they are PDFs, I can send you one if you want, please tell me how. An email address would be probably the best way.

Thanks

Antonio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check the private message for the email to which you can send the file.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Antonioamad

We did receive the files that you have shared with us.

There were two files in which one of them didn't have any font embedded in it, not sure whether that was created by you or the one you have downloaded.

You can check by yourself too Open file>Right Click>Document Properties> Fonts.

Also, the pdfs you were receiving form merchant were created using another pdf software. When you upload them on website how does it change or what does change the format cant really comment on that. That completely depends on website you are working with and what sort of files it accept.

If it works and accept the pdf files that you have created, so that means that particular pdf have all the fonts embed in it which display it correctly. No other reason/problem seems to be with the files.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources