• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My adobe keeps crashing the second I try to open it, any ideas what I can do? Uninstall it and reinstall it?

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there, I am using Adobe on a Mac and it keeps crashing the moment I am trying to open it, irrespective of what document I am trying to access? I am not sure whether uninstalling and reinstalling it will help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Evam,

Sorry to hear about the trouble.

Looking at the information shared above, it seems like you have been experiencing trouble with the latest version of Acrobat DC?

If this is the case, then you may try the following steps-

1- Use cleaner tool to uninstall the existing version completely Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs  and reinstall it Download and install Acrobat DC subscription

2- If it still doesn't help, then you may enable a root user and check the application in that whether its crashing or not.

How to enable the root user on your Mac or change your root password - Apple Support

Try this and see if it helps.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I'll give that a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure! let us know if it still doesn't work or there is any further assistance is required form our side.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources