• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My PDF taking ages to convert to word?

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased an annual subscription to convert PDF to word.  I am currently trying to convert a PDF document to Word.  It uploaded but  it has been trying to convert for an hour!  I stopped it a few times and tried again, but it is still trying to convert.. could this be to do with a weak Wifi signal? I am using my lap top computer.u

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello louisej63211879

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are trying to convert a PDF document into a Word file but it's taking too long for the conversion, Is that correct?

The record shows that you have an active subscription of Adobe ExportPDF and ExportPDF can convert files that are 100MB or smaller, so file size isn't the issue here. And there are no restrictions on where the PDF was created, but the better quality the PDF, the better the conversion.

Are you facing the conversion issue with one PDF file or with many? Have you tried converting the PDF through the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf on a different browser like Chrome, or Firefox, or Safari? Please use the URL to convert the PDF.

• You may want to try clearing the browser cache, and see if that speeds up things.
  • If you are using a work computer then check with your IT team to confirm if you have a firewall/proxy settings that restrict the ability to upload files to the internet.
  • You may also try disabling OCR and try converting the file.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Yes that is correct.  When I open a PDF document the option ( blue button ) to convert to Word appears fine.  On pressing this option it uploads the document but then continues to try to convert and doesn’t actually manage this.

Louise Jeffery

[personal info removed by moderator: Email, phone, address..Please don't share any personal info on Adobe forums.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Louise,

Please try the steps mentioned above, and let us know how it goes.

- Anand Sri.

{Edited response.}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources