Getting the following errors after MS did some UI updates this past week to SharePoint.
"You may not have permission to access the SharePoint file being used in this workflow."
Any tricks to fix it? Else I am just going to pull the functionality from SharePoint. It's causing more problems than it's fixing.
Same ole problem that's been around in this "Reader DC" product now for more than a year.
You might try clearing your browser cache and starting with a fresh windows and fingers crossed.
Nowadays I just tell folks to use the SharePoint [...]->Open->Open in Browser when they get this problem.
We get this issue as well, I have a strong suspicion it's to do with permissions. We find this error most frequently occurs with documents that were migrated from our FileShare to SharePoint Online. In our case, documents that fail tend (not always) to have a modified by "app@sharepoint" stamp as opposed to the user who created the document.
This thing has been a pain. I have deleted the app 5 times from the tennent and it keeps coming back. When I look at the user list, it's just a small subset of who the app was originally deployed to. It's like if a user's browser cache still had the URL for the application, the app gets re-installed. So strange. It's just too buggy to deploy at an enterprise level.
Agreed, for this integration to be useful, where Adobe Document Cloud throws an error opening a PDF, it should default to a vanilla "Open in Browser" instead of just showing an error screen.
I found making the path and/or filename shorter fixes this issue. There seems to be a 248 max character limit for the path and filename. Moving the file(s) up in the folder path can also fix the issue as long as you are not over the max character length.
The only problem is that that's completely impractical in the real world, especially given SharePoint's tendency to spew enormously long URL strings.
Yep. It can be. Until Adobe allows longer paths/filenames, this is what we are stuck with. I'm also open to other solutions until Adobe has a fix. Hopefully, people will post those here.