• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Optimizing of PDF Pages

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any Subscription Adobe Software that will allow any non-Scanned PDF Pages to be optimized as well? (The Version that I have- Acrobat X Pro does not have that feature included).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello rd2@purespeed.com

With Acrobat Pro DC, you can optimize a PDF file, as PDF optimizer provides many settings for reducing the size of PDF files. For detailed information, you can refer to Optimizing PDFs in Adobe Acrobat Pro  Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/optimizing-pdfs-acrobat-pro.html

To subscribe Acrobat Pro DC, you can refer to Plans and pricing | Adobe Acrobat DC Link: https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/pricing.html

To know more about features of Acrobat Pro DC Plans and pricing: Compare versions | Adobe Acrobat DC

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your response still did NOT answer my Original question-

That Original question was:

Will this current Subscription Software work on non-Scanned PDF Pages as well?

(Optimizing of PDF Pages Software)

This needs to be thoroughly checked out. Thank you. ST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PDF Optimizer is nothing to do with optimization of scanned pages; entirely different function. The kind of optimization that scanned pages need is not obviously appropriate to non-scanned pages. Quite the opposite, it could cause damage and bloat. What is the specific aim you want to achieve and how exactly are your pages made? If this isn't answering your question, feel free to say so, but don't expect help if you won't meet halfway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OPTIMIZE NON-SCANNED PDF PAGES TOOL

DESIRED FEATURES:

01) DE skew

02) Background Removal 

03) DE screen

04) Text Sharpening

All of these features were on the Optimize Scanned PDF Pages Tool (Acrobat Pro X Version).

But the current topic is now 'non-Scanned' PDF Pages?

And someone else made an earlier reply on exactly why don't I upgrade to Acrobat Pro DC? (*as a trial Offer)

A. The answer is simple- if for some reason I do not like the upgraded Acrobat Pro DC Version, I cannot turn back because I do not have the Original Installation CD that came with my Acrobat Pro X Software Program OR the Serial # of that particular Order, nor does Adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, how do you make the PDF, exactly, if these are issues? My point is to find out whether your PDF is, in effect, like a scanned PDF, or whether it should be immune to these issues anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Original PDF's generally surface as a Scanned PDF's, & only occasionally they are non-Scanned (ie: like an Invoice that is sent as an Attachment to my email or data that I wanted to retain after seeing something on a website that I wanted to retain it)- then transferring it directly to a PDF from any desired website (via Google Chrome). So the Filter options in the Optimizing Scanned PDF Pages Tool that I have listed just prior to this message in my last reply.  So the Filter Options will not work for the non-Scanned PDF Pages (in Acrobat Pro X Version).

I do not know exactly how I can provide any additional details to your question (unless I can send you that Attachment outside of this website)- because this website will NOT allow any included Attachments within this Forum Postings. And my Original question was very simple- either the Filter Options work on non-Scanned PDF Pages in Versions- Acrobat Pro DC & Acrobat Pro X1 OR they do not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can share a PDF on your own file sharing site and post the link. We may need to see that, I can still not see you requirement.

A PDF in your email or on a web site might have been scanned. If it was scanned, and is not locked, then optimising it seems fine. But suppose it’s a PDF captured from a regular web site. It would be upright: deskew would be pointless and impossible. The text would be real text, not scanned text, and do text smoothing would be pointless and impossible.

This is about the difference between raster and vector, between real text and a picture of text. The optimisation options you mention work only on pictures, on rasters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I requested previously & your responses still have NOT answered my Original question- will this Adobe Software (Acrobat X1 Pro & Acrobat DC Pro) work on 'non-Scanned' PDF Pages with it's Optimizing Tool? (FILTER- Deskew, Background Removal, Descreen, & Text Sharpening features).

I am familiar with another PDF Software (Bluebeam Revu) that does work on BOTH varieties of PDF Pages.  It has then better Technology vs. the Adobe Acrobat Software-*Acrobat X1 Pro & Acrobat DC Pro (*if it only adheres to the Scanning variety), & from my impression of your last 2 replies that this is 100% true, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t answer your question because it is not yet, to me, meaningful. I am not being difficult, it’s incomprehensible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issues makes extremely good sense (especially when alternate Company's work on both Varieties) & I firmly believe you have something wrong with your Brain- either you know your Product or you don't???  Apparently you do not know- because you have beaten around the Bush on at least 2-3 occasions providing other comments that did not answer my Original question!

It may be best to refer this question to someone else whom is in your Level 2 dept. that has full range & knowledge of your Software Products, as your basic training on Acrobat Software issues was limited at best!  OR as Plan B- forward this Post to 'Readers' to active Users that use the above Software on a full time basis...

Interaction between us was considered "extremely poor" quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are mistaken in so many ways but perhaps the one I most want to draw your attention to in this final message from me to you is that this is a community forum and you are not addressing a member of Adobe staff, just a fellow user with a little experience (two decades worth) of the product. Good luck in finding someone who understands your question and will put up with your attitude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My attitude???- well I wonder why???  If you do not have a correct answer for my question- then please do not get involved (as I got more to do in life than just wasting time just 'beating around the bush' with you)!!!

The original blame here is with you & no one else! Perhaps there are other Posters whom have more patience than I did on this issue which includes any issue.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rd,

PDF optimizer work on Images, Fonts, Transparency, Discard objects, Discard user data, cleanup in a PDF file. Detailed information is available on Optimizing PDFs in Adobe Acrobat Pro  Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/optimizing-pdfs-acrobat-pro.html#pdf_optimizer_options_acrobat...

These optimization features are available in Acrobat Pro DC.

If we talk about a scanned PDF, it only contains images and optimizing a scanned PDF is also included in Acrobat Pro DC.

With your description above, you want to know which Adobe Pro subscription has both the options for the scanned and non-scanned document. Acrobat Pro DC has these features.

Acrobat Pro 11 is already declared as an End of support product, and the support is very limited. https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-acrobat-xi-and-adobe-reader-xi-end-of-support/

Hope this helps and feel free to update this discussion if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the PDF Optimizing Tool exactly the same or does it have somewhat different features vs. the one that was in Acrobat X1 Pro?  If there is another way to send that attachment via another method? (so you can see it & compare both PDF Optimizing Tools).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should had been more specific on the just recent reply- does the PDF Optimizing Tool in Acrobat Pro DC have the following Filter options (as in Acrobat X Pro):

01) Deskew

02) Background Removal

03) Descreen

04) Text Sharpening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All these features are included in Acrobat Pro DC, and the features you mentioned are part of OCR enhancing and optimizing a PDF.

Feature details are available on Plans and pricing: Compare versions | Adobe Acrobat DC

I will request you to install the trial for the week of Acrobat Pro DC and use it and check the detailed features availability.

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as Installing a Trial Version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC- this will 'overwrite' my regular subscription of Acrobat X Pro Version, & since I do not have the original Installation CD of Acrobat X Pro, it is not possible to re-install this Version (*if I decide not to retain your current Version of Acrobat Pro DC). Another words, I cannot turn back. Adobe.com does not even have the Serial # on this topic for me.

You sent me a previous link on the PDF Optimizing Tool for the Acrobat Pro DC & I did not see the Filters options that I desired:

01) Deskew

02) Background Removal

03) Descreen

04) Text Sharpening

01) Exactly where on that PDF Optimizing Tool are these located? Please re-check?

02) I also will request in writing somewhere where it states that the Optimizing Tool works on both PDF Scanned AND PDF non-Scanned Pages-both (issue 2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was requesting supportive data with my Original requests & not just a verbal reply from you stating "this" or "that". I can now see exactly how poorly this Company is run & with this type of showing- it could even have an adverse effect on your 'Sales' dept. Yes, extremely poor answer from this Company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat can apply various image processing functions using the Optimize Scanned PDF function such as Deskewing,

Background Removal, Descreening and Text Sharpening.

A. These four functions are NOT integrated into Acrobat Pro DC Version (*only in Acrobat X & X1 Pro Versions) as you need to re-check your information again, as I had someone else look into this issue. The other issue at hand was whether the A. Pro DC Version will work on both Scanned PDF Pages & non-Scanned ones as well- & that is correct (Images & Text> Scanned & non-Scanned PDF Pages) so you were correct only on one of these two pending issues.

A2 In conclusion, I firmly believe you will need to 'implement' the four above functions into your current Acrobat Pro DC Version to make it 100% complete> please forward on. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OPTIMIZATION (OCR FEATURE)
The Filters Section cannot be accessed if the subsequent 'Clear Scan' is checked on. If one uses the Searchable Image is checked on instead of the Clear Scan- then the Filters Section can be accessed. If those settings are manually adjusted for that Optimization & then placed for Optimization #2 on the Clear Scan setting- will those recently adjusted Filters>(Deskew, Background Removal, Descreen, & Text Sharpening selections) be automatically sustained (*carried over) to the Clear Scan setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat X1 Pro Version also does not include non-Scanned pages for "Optimization". Can you please determine why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources