• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

page extraction is not allowed in the source pdf documents

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to combine multiple pdf files into 1 file.  I keep getting this error -

"page extraction is not allowed in the source pdf documents"

How do I fix this please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Hi Kathmac,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As the error message shared above "Page extraction is not allowed in the source pdf documents", this is a document specific message that generally appears if any of the pdf file is secured and restricted to make any further changes in it.

You need to check which pdf is secured, Open pdf>Document Properties>Security>Page Extraction (allowed or not allowed)

Note: Secured document's properties can only be changed by the document owner, or if you own the d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kathmac,

As the error message shared above "Page extraction is not allowed in the source pdf documents", this is a document specific message that generally appears if any of the pdf file is secured and restricted to make any further changes in it.

You need to check which pdf is secured, Open pdf>Document Properties>Security>Page Extraction (allowed or not allowed)

Note: Secured document's properties can only be changed by the document owner, or if you own the document.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

followed the steps , Open pdf>Document Properties>Security>Page Extraction 

there is no option to change (allowed or not allowed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need Acrobat to be able to do it. It's not possible in the free Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... So how do I change the document to allow Assembly and Extraction?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own the document and still there is no option to allow extraction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you create it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Print" them as a PDF and then combine.  Not the best solution but it works!  I had the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried printing the files as pdfs and still having an issue.  Is there another way around this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomasine,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry about the trouble.

Could you please let us know the issue that occurs at your end?

Please share the complete workflow you do and a screenshot of the error that appears.

Share the Acrobat and OS versions on the machine.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue!  I am the owner, and I cannot change the Page extraction properties. Pro Subscription. Windows10 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for reaching out. 

Would you mind sharing more details about the issue?

Share the complete workflow and what did not work.

Acrobat and OS version you are using on the machine.

Is it an issue with a particular PDF? If yes, would it be possible to share it with us?

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  I am accessing a PDF that I did not create/do not own.  I am only able to view the PDF by right-clicking on the link and saving the file.  Next, I installed Adobe DC and was able to view the file.  The challenge is that I need to send the PDF to a doctor's office who is unwilling to follow these steps, so in an attempt to find a workaround I have tried the following: 

Print the document as a PDF which generates an error.  .  

Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 9.27.47 AM.png

Email the PDF in which case the body of the email is changed to the following message requiring the recipient to complete the steps mentioned above, right-click to save the file, install Adobe DC and open the file.  The file never gets attached to the email in a readable format.  

Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 9.36.34 AM.png

Assuming that the doctor is eventually able to fill in the PDF.  How would they return the filled in copy of the PDF when it appears that anyone who views the file has to open the file from the original location and save the incomplete form to their computer?  In other words, there doesn't appear to be a way to fill in and share the form.  Thank you.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That message from the email doesn't mean the PDF is not attached. It means the recipient has the file, and now needs to download it, and open it in Acrobat or Reader. This is entirely normal for the kind of PDF this file is, which I assume the doctor chose or is at least familiar with. If not, you may be pretty stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The doctor is unable to open the form, which is why I am seeking a solution that doesn't require each person in the workflow to right-click and save file, and download Adobe DC to view it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, to minimize confusion.  The link takes anyone who clicks on it back to the site where the form originated.  Anyone who right-clicks and saves and then opens the file using Adobe DC sees the unfilled version of the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever solve this? I'm having the same issue with a staff member of mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kathmac,

You need to check which pdf is secured, Open pdf>Document Properties>Security>Page Extraction (allowed or not allowed)

Note: Secured document's properties can only be changed by the document owner, or if you own the document.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2023 Jun 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue, and I know it's the document permissions, because if I combine 3-4 of them, it works, but if I try to combine all 12 it doesn't. 
Is there a solution or workaround? How can I keep adding to the Combine that works? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources