Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pdf to jpeg conversion quality

Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just purchased PDF Pack for the purpose of converting a pdf file to jpeg.  After selecting Image Format: *.jpg, there is a slider bar to further select between low, med, and high image quality.  However, regardless of which image quality I select it comes out the same poor quality (low) and image size.   Tech support rep said there is no way to save it as high quality.  So why then the option to select high quality?

[Moved from the Forum Comments forum to a product-specific, support forum - moderator]

TOPICS
Export PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rrk, would Photoshop be the area that you wish to open the pdf in? We are not sure just where you wish to open the image so you need to give us the path you are seeking. Thus we can move this to the correct forum...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved your question to the "Document Cloud PDF Services", which is a more appropriate forum for your question.

It looks like the image export feature of the PDF Pack always produces an image that has 1024 pixels in the larger direction. I've also not seen any changes in the image based on the slider - in none of the image output formats (JPEG, TIFF and PNG). For me, what is offered in the PDF Pack is just not good enough. That's why I use the image export in Adobe Acrobat, where you have full control over the output resolution (and therefore quality) of the image files created.

As to why add this option, that's a question you have to ask Adobe directly: Most people here are users of Adobe's technology, just like you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the image export in Adobe Acrobat and run into the same 1024 pixel restriction. Is there a way to bypass it? I ended up using the OP's suggestion of opening the pdf in Photoshop and exporting as a jpg/png.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After signing up for the PDF Pack I received an e-mail which contained a link, "Use PDF Pack now." That opened up "Adobe PDF Services," from which I selected "Export PDF," and opened the PDF file. From there I selected: convert to image, jpg format. Then I selected image quality: high, but the quality of the converted image was poor. Then I compared images saved as Low and High quality and found them to be the same in quality (poor) and identical file sizes. So it would seem that there is a potential bug in this Adobe product.

I do have Adobe Photo Shop Elements 12, and found that I was able to open a pdf file and save it as .jpg in a high image quality that looked good. So it seems I had the capability to accomplish what I wanted using my Photo Shop application, and did not need the PDF pack after all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So glad that this solved your issue. Thought that some format of Photoshop should solve this. Thank you for posting this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue was not "solved."  They had to use a completely different, and very expensive, application to work around the issue.  There is no reason one should need a very expensive, very complicated image editor, Photoshop, to perform a basic file conversion.  It's maddening. 

Adobe Acrobat has the option to convert a PDF to an image (JPG, PNG or TIFF), but the resulting conversion is terribly poor quality, no matter if you pick Max or Low quality.  The result is the same exact low quality reproduction.  I agree with the orignal poster, this is a problem with Acrobat.  For the price of the subscription, it should just work.  Four years after this post was made, and I'm very annoyed this is still a "feature."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" I agree with the orignal poster, this is a problem with Acrobat. "

1. Four years have passed.

2. The original poster didn't say it was a problem with Acrobat.

3. The original poster didn't even HAVE Acrobat. Their problem was with the entirely different service, ExportPDF.

If you're having a problem with Acrobat it is unrelated, and I suggest you start a new post in the Acrobat forum. Please give your Acrobat version when you post there, and share example (JPEG or screen shot).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also was able to convert my pdf to high quality jpg by opening the pdf in Photoshop and exporting. I did have to add a white background layer to view it in Photoshop or as a png.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Adobe finally fix the pdf to images conversion please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,
this link is not working. You locked my account (Petr231766714y2e) on this forum? Here is your example of it not working. It obviously hasn't worked for many years. I pay for the PDF pack precisely because of this function, but it does not work. I have already solved it many times both through this forum and several times by phone with your support. And now you will block my account? I just want the features I'm paying for... All files are still the same no matter what quality I choose. Please fix it already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Adobe finally fix the pdf to images conversion please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can Adobe finally fix the pdf to images conversion please!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources