• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pdf to word doc converts fails with error "an error occurred while downloading this file"

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I download a pdf through chrome or firefox from the scan to pdf from our copy machine. It opens in Acrobat Reader DC, click on Export PDF, click convert, says uploading, then converting, gives me the option to save as, click save as and name the document, when I hit save it tells me download failure "an error occurred while downloading this file", gives me the option to retry but same outcome. yes i am signed in to adobe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Hello Ashley,

As per the conversation over the private message that you were able to download the file using a different network environment. I have shared the Adobe list of ports and URLs with you on your Adobe ID for whitelisting them on the network. For more information, you may refer to Adobe Creative Cloud Network Endpoints

Feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ashleyc,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are getting an error message while downloading the PDF file after converting it, Is that correct?

Please try to convert/export the PDFusing the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf with your Adobe ID and password on a different browser like Chrome, or Firefox, or Safari and see if it brings any difference.

If you are getting the error in the free desktop version of Adobe Reader, then sign out and sign back in once in Adobe Reader with your current Adobe ID and password. Then check for any pending updates from Help menu>Check for updates.

Then try converting the PDF file. For more troubleshooting, you may also refer to Troubleshooting Create PDF, Export PDF, Adobe Send, Fill & Sign … services(PDFPack or Document Cloud...

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This solution did not work.  What should I do next>?

Ashley Chandler

Widefield High School

Secretary - English & Social Studies Departments

[Personal info removed by moderator: Phone Number]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ashley,

Have you tried with another PDF file, try converting any other PDF file and check. If it's with one specific PDF file, Is it possible to share the PDF file with us so that we can try to replicate the issue at our end?

To share the document, refer to How to share a document

If you are using Reader, please tell us the dot version of Adobe Reader installed, to identify refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Keep us posted with the results.

- Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anand Sri,

It happens with every single document I try.  I will share the document

with you now so you can see the exact error as well. This is a scanned

image I am trying to convert.  I have had no issue with this until

recently.

Thanks for the help,

Ashley Chandler

Widefield High School

Secretary - English & Social Studies Departments

[Personal info removed by moderator: Phone Number Don't share any personal info on Adobe Forums]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What service would the firewall be stopping when downloading the converted

file?

Ashley Chandler

[Personal info removed by Moderator: Email, phone number]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ashley,

I have sent you a private message with the details of services which might get affected due to the firewall, please check your email inbox. Please don't share any personal information on the forum platform like Email address, Phone number, Address.

- Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Ashley,

As per the conversation over the private message that you were able to download the file using a different network environment. I have shared the Adobe list of ports and URLs with you on your Adobe ID for whitelisting them on the network. For more information, you may refer to Adobe Creative Cloud Network Endpoints

Feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources