• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quality of PDF produced by Word to PDF converter

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday, I used https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/acrobat/word-to-pdf/ for the first time.  It converted a Word document of 8.4 MB to a PDF of 3.0 MB, in which graphics were reproduced with very good resolution and complete freedom from mosquito noise.  I was very favourably impressed.

Today, I had to create a free account to convert a 10.0 MB version of the same Word document, but the PDF produced was only 1.1 MB.  This PDF's graphics quality was predictably vastly inferior to the best that Word can produce when saving the same file with settings optimal for graphics as a PDF of 3.2 MB.

Can anyone explain what's going on here?  What does the quality of the PDF depend on?  Is the quality of conversion throttled back on the free account?  If so, I can't see any notification of that anywhere.  The inconsistency isn't encouraging me to consider subscribing to the paid service.

TOPICS
Create PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain which service you used yesterday, and why you had to create a free account today? There is no free conversion of PDF from Adobe so far as I know, so I am confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I gave the link to the service that I used in my post: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/acrobat/word-to-pdf/.

When I tried to use it again the next day, I was unable to do so until I created a free account.

I've just tried the service again and am still getting a poor quality PDF.  It's probably easier to use pdfcreator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources