• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

same ppt now converts to a pdf 5x the size of the first one

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use "Create PDF" from the Adobe PDF Services website to which I am subscribed.

I converted a ppt to pdf and the pdf was 1.4mb. I made a new vesrion of the ppt changing only one thing: I deleted 3 letters from the ppt.

Converted the new version again and it results in a pdf of 6 mb.

Tried many times again, same result.

Tried also converting other ppt and these also now convert to much larger pdfs then before.

Why???

Edit:

In between the conversion I made yesterday and the one of today the website crashed and I had to log in again.

I now checked and see that yesterday a different version was used than today:

Yesterday:

PDF Producer: Adobe PDF LIbrary 18.9.66

PDF Version: 1.5 (Acrobat 6.x)

Today:

PDF Producer: Adobe PDF Library 18.11.40

PDF Version 1.6 (Acrobat 7.x)

So probably the reason for my problem is that after the site had crashed and restarted it installed an ""upgraded"" version which for me renders the whole thing useless and I might as well cancel my subscription.

I need it because I need to send small pdf's as email attachments.

The "new" version seems to produce a file size similar to when I just use ppt and chose "save as pdf".

If this is indeed the cause of the problem, than my question would be if there is a way to "downgrade" back to the previous version which worked?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?