• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to edit a document that I have scanned, saved it as a Word doc but cannot edit the text. Do I need to upgrade my plan?

New Here ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to edit a document that I have scanned, saved it as a Word doc., but cannot edit the text.  Do I need to upgrade my plan?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Hi Shrnz,

Yes, this is correct that in order to edit a pdf document you need to upgrade your current plan. Adobe Export PDF service doesn't include the Export PDF feature.

FAQ | Adobe Export PDF, Document Cloud || Using Adobe Export PDF

To use the Edit functionality, you need to subscribe for the Adobe Acrobat DC subscription- Answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Acrobat DC

For more details- Unable to edit PDF files in Acrobat XI or DC and  Plans and pricing | Adobe Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shrnz,

Yes, this is correct that in order to edit a pdf document you need to upgrade your current plan. Adobe Export PDF service doesn't include the Export PDF feature.

FAQ | Adobe Export PDF, Document Cloud || Using Adobe Export PDF

To use the Edit functionality, you need to subscribe for the Adobe Acrobat DC subscription- Answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Acrobat DC

For more details- Unable to edit PDF files in Acrobat XI or DC and  Plans and pricing | Adobe Acrobat DC

Hope this answers your query.

Let us know if there is any further assistance is required.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In order to be able to edit the text it has to be converted from the image to "real" text first.

That process is called OCR (Optical Character Recognition) and can be done with Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources