• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

trying to reformat a book text pdf

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am litereally trying to reformat war and peace ! (i have been employed to do so and it's all legit - need a dfferent layout for audio book record - but when i export as word doc the settings in word are messed up 'envelope' layout not A4 , and wheni try to make changes it reverts ... similarly when i try and select all it only selects a text box at a tme so i cannot resize the fonts without losing bits and am looking at doing each of the 2063 pages individually... is there  anyone out there with decent knowledge of this programme - I know it's bound to be my failing not the soft ware but am stumped and working to a deadline... I started cutting and pasting and reformatting page by page but it seems there must be a better way! 

Help please If there is an expert I may be able to pay for some help!

TOPICS
Create PDF , Export PDF , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Essentially i need to edit a whole PDF to be a certain font, size, left alligned and to be tidy on the page for reading aloud. I've tried to edit the pdf but that only allows text box by text box when i hit 'select all' and then trying to export it as a word doc hoping to be able to edit it there creates all sorts of weird sizing glitches ... what am i missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many sources of Tolstoy's War and Peace, often legal because they are out of copyright after 100 years (unless it has a new introduction or translation of course). Just download one and make a new document, rather than trying to work with a large PDF, which is pretty much doomed, because Acrobat's editing is very limited indeed. The idea of resizing all fonts in a PDF is beyond doomed. Acrobat isn't Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This kind of task should be done in InDesign or FrameMaker, definitely not in Acrobat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources