• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to access Adobe as a printer directly from Word.

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help please?  Having upgraded I cannot access Adobe as a printer from Word and other applications. It keeps says that my ID is invalid. Desperately need to fix this and can't find anything online to help.

No physical people at Adobe....

Message was edited by: ANAND SRI BHATTACHARYA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

As per the description, you cannot use Adobe as a printer from Word or other application, is that correct?

From the records, you have an active subscription of Adobe PDF Pack on your Adobe ID.

Adobe PDF Pack is a bundle of Adobe Document Cloud services. With it, you can easily create, combine, sign, and send PDF files online. You can also convert PDF files into editable Word or Excel files.

You cannot edit PDF files with Adobe PDF Pack. You need Acrobat DC to edit PDF files

For more information, you can visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/using-pdfpack.html

You can use the Adobe Reader Desktop application to use the Adobe PDF pack services. Or through https://cloud.acrobat.com/convertpdf with your Adobe ID and password

If the Adobe Reader is already installed on the computer, please sign out from Reader and then sign back in with your Adobe ID and password.

** Please note that the Adobe PDF Printer functionality is to create PDF files, it is only available with Adobe Acrobat (paid version), and not with Adobe Reader (free version).

If you want to make Adobe PDF as Default printer or want to add it manually, you can follow the steps from the following link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1076693

Keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I need to buy Adobe DC as well so that I can edit PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

Yes, you need to have Adobe Acrobat to edit PDF files, How to edit PDF: PDF editor, edit text in PDF files | Adobe Acrobat DC

You can also check the details of Acrobat on Plans and pricing | Adobe Acrobat DC

Feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There

I’ve already GOT DC!!! Think I may have two Adobe accounts, that’s maybe why there are issues.

Tried re-installing it as a printer and got nowhere.

Going to give up for today – haven’t got time to spend on this.

Have to say that the new website layout is truly awful – know that it’s aimed at trying to get us to buy more products, but explanations are hideous.

Thanks for trying anyway.

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that’s it.

I’ve got 2 Adobe accounts, and I’m paying subscriptions on both.

Any ideas on how to sync these or make sure I’m only paying on one?

{Email Id removed by Moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

If you have two Adobe accounts and have DC with the other Account, then you have to sign in with the other Adobe ID and password in Acrobat DC and you will be able to edit PDF.

Keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jane,

Please don't share any email ids in the Forum posts. You can send a Private message, follow the steps from the link:

The details which you shared earlier i.e. two Adobe accounts, the Adobe Id which you used to sign in on Adobe forums has Adobe PDF Pack, Annual through which you can easily create, combine, sign, and send PDF files online. You can also convert PDF files into editable Word or Excel files.

The other Adobe Id has Acrobat Pro DC subscription (one-year), through which you can Create/Edit PDF files.

Unfortunately, the Adobe IDs and the subscriptions cannot be merged together.

If you want to close any of the subscriptions from the Adobe IDs, you can refer the following link: https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/kb/cancel-subscription-acrobat-online-services.html

Or can contact the support team on https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources