• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to convert excel to pdf using Adobe Reader X.

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Reader X, which I have been using for 18 months or so, simply to convert Excel documents to PDF. It has suddenly stopped creating PDF's. All I get is an error message 'An error occurred while trying to Adobe Create PDF online'.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Thanks for sharing the additional information Colin.

As its Windows Vista operating system, so I wonder that we would have a workaround to get this error fixed for you. Sorry to say we do not have the windows Vista to test the same and neither its supported OS anymore.

The conversion you are trying is online via https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf  have you tried with a different file? As it could be a file specific issue.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colinp,

Adobe Reader X is a very old version of Adobe Reader series, which might have started causing some compatibility issues with the latest OS. As Adobe Reader is a free application, so we recommend you to install the latest version of Adobe Reader which is DC and try the conversion through that.

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions

However, its an online service that you can also access through- https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf

Sign In using your Adobe ID and password for the activation.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akki 24,

Many thanks for your reply but I'm not sure you're entirely correct. I didn't say so before but I am still running Windows Vista on my old laptop that I only use for invoices. I don't particularly want to invest in a new laptop at this present time. I believe Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is not compatible with Vista. Your comments please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the additional information Colin.

As its Windows Vista operating system, so I wonder that we would have a workaround to get this error fixed for you. Sorry to say we do not have the windows Vista to test the same and neither its supported OS anymore.

The conversion you are trying is online via https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf  have you tried with a different file? As it could be a file specific issue.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources