• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to get Combine Files tool || Adobe PDFPack.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased the combine tool, and it does not show up although my other tools do (like fill & sign)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Click on your Name in the top right corner of the Adobe Reader and choose to Sign out.

To sign back in, Click on the Sign in option in the top right corner of Adobe Reader, and sign in with your current Adobe ID and password.

Let us know how it goes.

- Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello JD.ackley

As per the description above, you are not getting the Combine Tool option, Is that correct?

The record shows that you are subscribed to Adobe PDFPack on your current Adobe ID, you can access the services of Adobe PDFPack and can combine PDF file online through https://cloud.acrobat.com/combinepdf on browsers like Chrome, or Firefox, or Safari.

If you are using the free desktop version of Adobe Reader and not getting the option of Combine Files, then sign out from Adobe Reader and sign back in with your current Adobe ID and password.

You may also check for the latest update of Adobe Reader from Help>Check for updates.

For more troubleshooting, you may refer to Troubleshooting Create PDF, Export PDF, Adobe Send, Fill & Sign … services(PDFPack or Document Cloud...

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I sign out of Adobe Reader?  I could not find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on your Name in the top right corner of the Adobe Reader and choose to Sign out.

To sign back in, Click on the Sign in option in the top right corner of Adobe Reader, and sign in with your current Adobe ID and password.

Let us know how it goes.

- Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thank you.  I signed out and signed back in, and the combine files drop down box still says "add", not open like the other features I purchased.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Reader DC, for the Combine Files tool, you get the "Add" button, as this is a designed behavior. For other tools, you get the option of open.

If you go to the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/combinepdf  you will get the button of "Select Files to combine." There is no difference in the feature or service. The behavior  is same.

Hope this helps and clarifies.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well the difference would be I would have to be connected to the internet to use the combine function.  Is there a way I could get the combine function offline? I do not want to always be online to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, there is no such option available to combine the files offline, as the conversion occurs  on the server when you use the Adobe Reader or through  the URL and for this,  the internet connectivity is required.

- Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a reason to remove the combine feature from desktop? It's very unconvient and ridiculous that I need to go online then upload all the files to be able to combine them? Why it has to be so complicated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources