• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When converting a PDF into an Excel file all of the data is put into one

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I convert files from PDF to Excel most of the data is put into 1 cell instead of keeping the same format as in the PFD. This makes the data unusable for what I

using PDF converter for. Is there a setting that can be changed? I have tried to convert it online and through acrobat reader with the exact same results. any help would

be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Jws,

We sincerely apologize for the delay in response. Assuming that, you might have got the resolution to this problem by now?

In general:

The quality of converted document depends on the quality of the PDF file you start with. Looking at the screenshot shared above, seems the original PDF itself doesn't have its data arranged properly, it looks distorted. Also, Its cells and rows aren't defined properly.

This might be leading to an inaccurate result in Excel.

The PDF file you are working with, what is the source of it and how exactly its created? Is that a scanned file or contains real text?

All the pointers mentioned above plays an important role in outcome.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources