• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I try to convert my PDF to Word it says I am not connected to the internet, but I am.

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have rebooted, tried different days, different times, different documents.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Please connect the computer to a different network environment like a guest network or a mobile hotspot as few of our users were facing the same issue due to network/firewall restriction which was blocking our network and by changing the connection, the issue was resolved.

You may try to access the service through the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf on a mobile device for a testing purpose.

Is it your personal computer or an office computer?

Let us know your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello bernadetteg80544302

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, when you convert/export PDF file, you get an error message that you are not connected to the Internet, Is that correct?

Please try to convert the PDF to a different browser like Chrome, or Firefox, or Safari through the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf using your current Adobe ID and password and see if this makes any difference.

If you are using the free desktop version of Adobe Reader, then sign out and sign back in with your Adobe ID and password once in Adobe Reader, and check for any pending updates from Help>Check for updates.

Then try to convert the PDF into Word file.

If possible connect the machine to a different network environment like a guest wired/wireless network or mobile hotspot.

You may try the following KB doc for the internet connectivity issue:  Resolve connection errors with Adobe Creative Cloud and Creative Suite applications

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither worked.

The first link gave me a "critical error". Unable to fetch base_ uris from files tier

I have a yearly subscription to Adobe Export PDF, Annual‎

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please connect the computer to a different network environment like a guest network or a mobile hotspot as few of our users were facing the same issue due to network/firewall restriction which was blocking our network and by changing the connection, the issue was resolved.

You may try to access the service through the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf on a mobile device for a testing purpose.

Is it your personal computer or an office computer?

Let us know your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, it worked with a different internet connection.

Do you know how I can check my firewall settings?

It is a work computer but we have no IT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's an office computer, and you are connected to a Managed network which has restrictions, only IT personnel can check/modify the network settings.

There isn't much we can suggest you to modifying your office network settings by yourself. You have to take help of an IT person.

I have sent you a private message with the list of Adobe ports and URLs which need to be whitelisted on your office network and firewall settings. Please check your email inbox.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you send me the url's that need to be whitelisted so that I can pass them on to my IT team.  I am having the same problem but don't have an option of another network.

Thanks,

Clyde

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Clyde,

I have shared the details of Adobe Ports and URLs on private message, please check your email inbox.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources