• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I try to extract pages from a PDF and try to save them, they don't save properly and the file names become truncated.

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The extraction itself completes properly, but when I try to save the PDF the following occurs:

• I rename the file to something new
  • I press save and the new document does not properly convert to a PDF.  The icon next to the new file in the folder is an empty white page (instead of an Adobe symbol), and the tile type reads as "File".  It is not possible to open this new file
  • Whatever name I give the new file to be saved, it truncates the file name down to approximately 14 characters. 
  • I'm also having issues combining files in PDF
  • I spent about an chat with Adobe tech support trying to fix this issue and whatever they tried did not work.  Eventually we uninstalled Adobe DC instead.
  • After uninstalling I was unable to reinstall.  I ended up purchasing a new subscription-based version of Adobe DC, hoping this would fix this issue, but much to my dismay, the issue persists.

Any assistance you can provide would be much appreciated, I'm desperate to finish my work and I can't right now.  (I need to split lots of PDFs)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

This issue has been solved.  Apparently the files were buried under so many subfiles on our network that when I saved them, Adobe was clipping the file path (including the .pdf extension), which was causing the malfunction. 

Saving the new files on the desktop, then dragging and dropping them into the appropriate network folder later solves the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue has been solved.  Apparently the files were buried under so many subfiles on our network that when I saved them, Adobe was clipping the file path (including the .pdf extension), which was causing the malfunction. 

Saving the new files on the desktop, then dragging and dropping them into the appropriate network folder later solves the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources