• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does a pdf attachment open, close, then open an email attachment?

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to open a .pdf attachment, which was created from an excel document, it opens for less than a second, then closes, and then pops up an email compose window.  What steps does the creator of the .pdf attachment need to take to resolve this issue?  

For context, I'm just the frustrated recipient of the email that the .pdf is attached to.  I want to be able to tell the creator of the .pdf what he/she needs to do so her/his .pdf attachment can be read.  I receive the .pdf attachment every month so I'm constantly reminded about the problem.  Any help from the community would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Create PDF , Export PDF , Share PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without access to the PDF file in question, it's impossible to say why the file is doing that.

Does this happen when you open the attachment from within the email application? What happens when you save the file first and then open that saved copy? 

This is definitley not normal. I suspect that there is a document level JavaScript in the file that is doing something and as a side effect, you see the email compose window active. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources