• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

627,000 KB TS File Upload time is taking hours

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent a compressed zip file with TS File videos in it along with thumbnails and j.pegs. They had been compiled together on a CD in a folder which i copied to my files. The file upload for the Send and Track Adobe PDF Services took many hours. When it did send, the TS File (vidoes) had been converted to thumbnails only. I wasn't told this, so I thought the long painful process had worked in the end. It absolutely didn't. One of the emails had an empty zip folder, and that had me wait hours to say it was complete, which obviously it didn't upload a single file.

How do I send the TS Files? Convert them? It's not an option...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Thank you sooo much for your help, truly a cut above!!!

Have an excellent rest of your day!

S

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 9:37 AM Test Screen Name <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it would certainly take me hours, if not days, to upload such an amount. What is your upload speed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload speed is 1.03. The 627, 000 KB file is unable to upload. This information to customers (and their patient recipients) can't be divulged prior to a 5 hour wait time that results in an actual attachment seemingly completed? I have had large files up to 200, 000 KB sent to me for work, how can I send a file this large?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you mean 1.03 megabits per second, about what I get on a good day. If this works at its fastest possible rate you can upload 6 megabytes per minute. Your 200,000 KB file, 200 megabytes, will take, at the fastest possible speed (with everything ideal) a bit over half an hour. The original size you mention probably a couple of hours at best, but 6 hours isn't surprising. Failures are common if the line is unreliable. Maybe you need to consider the post or a faster link.

Have you done an actual speed test on your line to see how much speed you actually get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have decided to give DropBox a try, they say you learn something everday The files are uploading (hopefully) now. I don't believe Send and Track to be capable of such large files, even after a 6 hour unsuccessful upload wait time and a deviously attached file.  Mystery solved! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DropBox is really good. Be nice if it's faster too, anything's possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yet equally deceiving when it comes to the status of the attachment! The little blue icon means it is uploading (or downloading..?!) Yet I can view the files...…...

Oh my...should I send as is or wait for the green check mark as per how DropBox's program is relayed? Would I wait the 6 hours for the green light?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not leave the upload page until the time is up! That will stop it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you sooo much for your help, truly a cut above!!!

Have an excellent rest of your day!

S

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 9:37 AM Test Screen Name <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources