• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

acrobat (Standard/Pro) subscription only?

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2014 Oct 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to purchase a standalone license of Acrobat standard.  I have no interest in a subscription license.  In fact in my case it would not work as the systems I need to install the license on are not allowed to be connected to any network or access the Internet.  Does Adobe no longer offer direct purchases of standalone licenses?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Hi EOIRSysadmin,

Yes, you still can purchase Acrobat perpetual license from Adobe.com or you can sales department for that i am sending you Toll free number in using private message option.

Regards,

Ajlan Huda.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EOIRSysadmin,

Yes, you still can purchase Acrobat perpetual license from Adobe.com or you can sales department for that i am sending you Toll free number in using private message option.

Regards,

Ajlan Huda.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please advise how this can be accomplished

all of the options that are presented to the user on the user facing website are for subscriptions ONLY

there is no apparent way to reach a link that will allow a purchase of a stand-alone, one-time-purchase product

The solutions suggested in the below thread, similarly, do not enable the user to purchase any standalone product, only subscription-based plans, which are all priced exorbitantly for a person who simply needs the ability to edit the pages of a PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The official reply I got from Adobe is that this is a mistake that affects the US only and should be fixed within a few days. In the meantime you can purchase Acrobat 2020 via the phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

someone needs to clarify to Adobe the difference between 'standalone" and "perpetual"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They aren't even slightly the same thing. One means "runs without an internet connection" and the other means "has a license that does not run out". It is a mistake to assume that the perpetual Acrobat 2020 can be installed to a computer off the internet. Read system requirements carefully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even understand "standalone" to mean that... I think of it more as "an application that runs independently of other applications", as opposed to a script, for example. Either way, it's not related to "perpetual", which has nothing to do with the application itself, but with the licensing for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point. "Standalone" tends to mean "does not need some other particular thing". Since the particular thing is pretty variable, the word simply has no meaning unless it is qualified. It's "flattening" all over again: users with strong ideas of what it means, entirely different from other users with different strong ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue has now been solved and it should be possible once again to purchase Acrobat 2020 via the website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources