• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

add document cloud directory on my Mac computer

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have various cloud-based documents, including OneDrive, Dropbox, and Creative Cloud files, mirrored on my Mac OSX (MacBook) computer as subdirectories. These sync back and forth to the cloud-based directories. I recently started to use the Adobe Scan app (downloaded to my iPhone) to scan receipts, corporate documents like licenses, etc. instead of using a traditional scanner. By default, the Adobe Scan documents end up in a default "Adobe Scan" folder in my Adobe Document Cloud account. How can I get Document Cloud, and its subdirectories/folders like Adobe Scan, to mirror onto my MacBook? How do I add Document Cloud to my MacBook Finder?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Hi Jisland,

As asked, how to add Document Cloud folder to MacBook finder, so that you can get access of Document Cloud files without logging in on Web.

This is something, that can not be achieved. To know more about why it doesn't, you may read the response below-

You can not set up Document Cloud files directory in your Mac's library like Creative Cloud. Reason being, Document Cloud is a web based service, it doesn't have an specific desktop app like we have for Creative Cloud, know as Creative Cl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jisland,

As asked, how to add Document Cloud folder to MacBook finder, so that you can get access of Document Cloud files without logging in on Web.

This is something, that can not be achieved. To know more about why it doesn't, you may read the response below-

You can not set up Document Cloud files directory in your Mac's library like Creative Cloud. Reason being, Document Cloud is a web based service, it doesn't have an specific desktop app like we have for Creative Cloud, know as Creative Cloud Desktop Application.

When you install Creative Cloud desktop app, a folder with the name Creative Cloud Files is created on your system and a shortcut to this folder is pinned to the Navigation panel in Windows and similarly in Mac. Which continue to sync with the files uploaded or going to be uploaded on cloud.

Document Cloud files can only be accessed online, or through Adobe Reader/Acrobat desktop app.

Hope this answers your query.

Thanks,
Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to be able to access my files and folders without having to use the webbased system as its too clunky - if you can do this for creative cloud, why can you not also do it for document cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but this doesn't answer the "why?" question. Obviously you have the technical capacity to have an app that allows sync with a pc based folder but you choose not to. Given that this is corporate/student app where I might have a bunch of pdfs from another source on a memory stick, it is annoying to have to upload them from the desktop rather than just drop them in the folder and have them upload automatically. I have seen requests for that dating a few years back but you choose to not do it, so the question is not what but WHY NOT?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> ...  so the question is not what but WHY NOT?

It was not implemented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Smart Adobe IT guys !!

Apple users dont like similar services with diffrent names like cretive cloud & documents cloud. We have adobe  creative cloud app on our mac. When we save any file adope app on our iphone, we want to see it in our mac (creative cloud or documents cloud). So please kindly merge document cloud with creative cloud or give chance to user save their documents to creative cloud from any adobe app in iphone or desktop.

Most of users are using "clouds" to save/combine files one place from diffrent devices & reach from every device. You have many separate clouds. Your apps are saving where they want  :)) You can not reach them with other apps.

Please take this critic serious !!! make it easy please one cloud from every apps !!! reach from every device & app !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, then for me its going back to Readdle Scanner Pro. 

Quick scan on ios device and pickup later later via icloud drive on macbook. Easy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's June 2022 and this is still an issue. Please help, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working, Adobe have nothing to fix (in their mind). Clearly more votes are needed in the feature request, did you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Albert,

I am afraid to say the feature is still not available. I would request you to share your suggestion about this with the Product team via the following feature post: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/926812-acrobat-reader-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/41354107-...

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google Drive allows you to have a folder direct access to my Finder.
And This is also an application that storage the info on the web... 
It would be awesome if you guys had this option too, because every time I want to modify a file in indesign for example, I have to download it to my mac. 🙏🏽:sparkles:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A desktop application is not even necessary, as there are the DAV and WebDAV standard protocols to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question for Adobe.  Please can you make it possible to sync document cloud with desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a feature/issue thats been present here in the forums since at least 2017...fix it. Thats all there is to say. No excuse, no "Solution", no FAQ. Release an update, thats it. Dont even reply to this thread again (Adobe reps), just get this fixed. Adobe and the PDF is a great story of innovation that spans multiple decades....and that work/dedication is repaid generously by your large number of subscribers. We pay a pretty substantial rpice and are happy to be part of the adobe family, for the most part.... If this isnt something that will be fixed by adobe, because i know that it CAN be fixed, then once i finish my annual commitment me and my company will most likely make a switch to Office 365 for our document needs. Dont let us down on such a minor request...

CC folder.jpeg

^^^^

This is just stupid...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since my PC recently had a "near death" experience, I have been using cloud based services more.  I open my file explorer and there is Microsoft 365 OneDrive and I can add files to folders easily.  I would like to see the Adobe Document Cloud show up in file explorer, to make moving files to the cloud as easy as moving files on my PC. 

Currently, I open a web browser -> get to the Adobe Cloud page -> click upload file.  This is just to many steps AND I could not figure out how to upload an entire folder at a time.  I had to upload each document individually.  AND I could not get them into the appropriate folder within the cloud, I had to upload them, then move the documents to the appropriate folder.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Microsoft can add OneDrive as a folder in the Mac Finder, I don't see why Adobe cannot do the same. I'm happy to have a folder in my hard drive from which the cloud syncs.

Now, dear Adobe, fix this. Immediately.

It is extremely annoying and cumbersome to have to download docs from Document Cloud in order to attach them to emails, or do anything with the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't a bug, and people who declaim "fix it" are missing the point - it isn't broken. However, it's a very reasonable thing to want. I suggest someone interested add it to the Wish List in https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html (choose Acrobat as the product, as this will connect to the Win/Mac product teams who would have to do the work). Please post the URL so that other interested people can go and support it/upvote it. Adobe count votes on feature requests. Feel free to also comment in the forums, but that in itself won't make the slightest difference to the future. Adobe don't read posts and consider them as votes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is worse - Adobe Document Cloud has INTEGRATION with Microsoft OneDrive. 

https://www.adobe.com/documentcloud/integrations/microsoft-onedrive.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only reason I started to use Creative Cloud is to beable to access all of my PDF's on all my devices without having to add additional steps.  If this is impossible, I don't see any use for Creative Cloud.

It seems comical that on your iPhone, Adobe Scan, Acrobat & Document Cloud do not integrate with Adobe Creative Cloud.  If I scan a doc on my iPhone, I can only access it on my computer if I send to Creative Cloud, which is a cumbersome process, or email it to myself.   Perhaps, Adobe could make it so, you can change the default save location in the iPhone app to google drive, OneDrive, etc.  If you fix any one of the issues above, the problem is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources