• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC is unable to combine multiple eps files but if I convert the eps files to pdf first with Preview (onerous!) it will then combine them.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat DC is unable to combine multiple eps files but if I convert the eps files to pdf first with Preview (onerous!) it will then combine them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Acrobat able to convert the EPS files separately?

If not, what happens?

What happens when trying to combine the EPS files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked Acrobat to read in 6 eps files, all the same kind and size (426kb). It read the first in, in about 4 secs, the second in 5 sec, the third in about 5 secs, the 4th in about 60 secs, the 5th in about 80 secs and I stopped then and deleted the pdf files created.

I then asked to open a single eps file and this time it took more than 120 sec to read it in.

I next quit acrobat and quit Distiller. Opened acrobat again and read in the same eps file. This time it took 6 secs.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mike,

Would you mind confirming the exact version of Acrobat DC you are working currently? I believe you are working on Mac, if yes, then what is exact Mac OS?

If you have managed to find the solution, please share your findings.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up on Adobe Acrobat DC. My colleague wrote me a Ghostscript command that did the job quickly and painlessly.

gs -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -dSAFER -dEPSCrop -sPARERSIZE=a4 -sOutputFile=CDD.pdf -c"<</Orientation 2>> setpagedevice" -f *.eps

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's great Mike! Thanks for sharing your findings with us, it would be helpful for other users experiencing the same issue.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preview reads an eps file in less than 1 sec and can read in 30 eps files in a few seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources